HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jimbo uk

09 exhuast glowing red

8 posts in this topic

hi all i just picked up my 09 and started it up for the first time with in a minute the exhuast was glowing red is there any reason for this???????????

Let me guess, you were in an area with dim lighting. It is normal for the header to glow. You may be a tad lean on the jetting. You can richen it up and see how it runs.

LOL! Same today as it was seven years ago, when TT started. Timeless question... :lol:

4 stroke headers glow. You can even light your cigarette on them. I don't smoke, but I've given others light before... :excuseme:

LOL! Same today as it was seven years ago, when TT started. Timeless question... :lol:

4 stroke headers glow. You can even light your cigarette on them. I don't smoke, but I've given others light before... :excuseme:

Yea, it is typical for the headers to glow, but a being lean will make the header glow even faster.

And yes headers can light a cigarette, why would you want to do that i do not know but i have seen it done before.

The timeless answer to the Timeless Question: "Mine does that all the time."

rocket-cart_sm.jpg

But, whether your situation is normal or not depends on how much and how soon it glows. Red heat, visible in twilight after 40-60 seconds of running is normal. A glow brighter than that, so that it's visible in brighter light, or sooner than that, say within 15 seconds in twilight is a little excessive, and may indicate lean idle mixture.

And yes headers can light a cigarette, why would you want to do that i do not know but i have seen it done before.

Why? Because someone needed a light of course...:excuseme:

ya i had the same question when i got my first 4t bike.

after the dealer rejet the carb it was still glowing red. tt got the answer !!!