Wiring question

I'm going so say if the just battery is just dead yes it will start but you'll have to kick it alot . If your rectifier is popped the bike will not start at all.. I can not really see you running the battery dead unless you leave the light on . I've left my 07 with the key on for a day . and it just drained the down fairly good but it still started with the e-z button . have you decided how your wiring your head light yet ? your not going to what to use the little factory wires I think they are 18awg . when I rewired mine I used 14 awg wired thru a relay hooked straight to the battery , triggered no by the key . even my stock headlight is much brighter this way " this only helps with a floated ground setup".

I'm going so say if the just battery is just dead yes it will start but you'll have to kick it alot . If your rectifier is popped the bike will not start at all.. I can not really see you running the battery dead unless you leave the light on . I've left my 07 with the key on for a day . and it just drained the down fairly good but it still started with the e-z button . have you decided how your wiring your head light yet ? your not going to what to use the little factory wires I think they are 18awg . when I rewired mine I used 14 awg wired thru a relay hooked straight to the battery , triggered no by the key . even my stock headlight is much brighter this way " this only helps with a floated ground setup".

I think I havre a floating ground now. I am ruining a hid light so it is set up DC, I think. I'm using a small battery so it my discharge pretty fast. I have ordered another rectifier. I hope that is the problem.

Assuming I finally get this thing hooked up correctly, this is my question. If I am stuck in the desert with a dead battery because I forgot to turn off the ignition will this thing start?

Yes...well like you said...assuming you hooked it up correctly:p

I'm going so say if the just battery is just dead yes it will start but you'll have to kick it alot . If your rectifier is popped the bike will not start at all..

You are correct