HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
123BigcoopDawg576

Which YZ Needle?

23 posts in this topic

Well its time to buy some jets and i think im going to try the yz needle before i do the JD jetting kit. but the question becomes which needle are you guys using or recommend?

13 SKU: 5TA-14916-LR-00

NEEDLE (#NFLR) STD STD 1 $9.76 Add to Cart

13 SKU: 5TA-14916-LN-00

NEEDLE (#NFLN) AP AP 1 $9.76 Add to Cart

13 SKU: 5TA-14916-LP-00

NEEDLE (#NFLP) AP AP 1 $9.76 Add to Cart

13 SKU: 5TA-14916-L1-00

NEEDLE (#NFLQ) AP AP 1 $9.76 Add to Cart

13 SKU: 5TA-14916-LS-00

NEEDLE (#NFLS) AP AP 1 $9.76 Add to Cart

13 SKU: 5TA-14916-LT-00

NEEDLE (#NFLT) AP AP 1 $9.76 Add to Cart

13 SKU: 5TA-14916-LU-00

NEEDLE (#NFLU) AP AP 1 $9.76 Add to Cart

13 SKU: 5TA-14916-PN-00

NEEDLE (#NFPN) AP AP 1 $10.38 Add to Cart

13 SKU: 5TA-14916-PP-00

NEEDLE (#NFPP) AP AP 1 $9.76 Add to Cart

13 SKU: 5TA-14916-P1-00

NEEDLE (#NFPQ) AP AP 1 $9.76 Add to Cart

13 SKU: 5TA-14916-PR-00

NEEDLE (#NFPR) AP AP 1 $9.76 Add to Cart

13 SKU: 5TA-14916-PS-00

NEEDLE (#NFPS) AP AP 1 $9.76 Add to Cart

13 SKU: 5TA-14916-PT-00

NEEDLE (#NFPT) AP AP 1 $9.76 Add to Cart

13 SKU: 5TA-14916-PU-00

NEEDLE (#NFPU) AP AP

I'm using the NFLR in my 08 and it's the most bestest running WR450 in the hole wide world.

I'm using the NFLR in my 08 and it's the most bestest running WR450 in the hole wide world.

Really? What needle do you have in your Quad?

My WR has an NFPP needle, works perfect. I use the WR anywhere from 500ft to 5k ft elevations, 40 to 105 degree weather and it never misses a beat, great response all around. I also have a 40 leak jet, o-rings on the AP arm, and a full yz exhaust. It's an 07 WR, by the way.

My WR has an NFPP needle, works perfect. I use the WR anywhere from 500ft to 5k ft elevations, 40 to 105 degree weather and it never misses a beat, great response all around. I also have a 40 leak jet, o-rings on the AP arm, and a full yz exhaust. It's an 07 WR, by the way.

Do you have a part number for the NFPP?

And why that one over the others?

PS i ride the same locations as you...baja and so cal d38

Jets Order!

Went with the NFPP Needle

48 pilot

168 main

40 leak

besides the needle this is what my 06 had in it and it ran great so if i dont like the mid range...ill order the jd jetting kit

My WR has an NFPP needle, works perfect. I use the WR anywhere from 500ft to 5k ft elevations.

Oh you've had it higher than that.

These bikes are not a sensitive to jetting as I originally thought

Jets Order!

48 pilot

168 main

40 leak

besides the needle this is what my 06 had in it and it ran great so if i dont like the mid range...ill order the jd jetting kit

What did you decide pipe wise?

Jets Order!

48 pilot

168 main

40 leak

Looks like you already got the part number for the NFPP (SKU:5TA-14916-P1-00) I got that needle after I had to wait 2 months for an AIS kit that never arrived. So I decided to get a needle and some jets to form my own "kit". The parts counter guy asked one of their service techs who happens to own a small dyno testing shop, he said that given the location of my riding that was the needle he would have used. I was skeptical at first, but it has worked wonderfully for me. When I bought my 08 yz450 I also replaced the stock needle with an NFPP, got good results with that as well. I'm pretty sure those jet sizes you ordered are the same ones I'm running. That bike is going to scream!!! :lol::excuseme: Hold on tight Aaron!:excuseme:

Oh you've had it higher than that.

These bikes are not a sensitive to jetting as I originally thought

You're probably right, now that I think about it, I might have had it a little past 6k ft. I like the fact that I don't need to re-jet it regularly like a 2-stroke.

Speaking of 2-strokes, that KX250 is my next project to re-jet. I'll have to figure out a good baseline for this area and temperature, then I can adjust accordingly at other locations/temperatures. I'm not liking the spooge running down the muffler and the oil spray on my jersey. :excuseme::lol:

What did you decide pipe wise?

im really sold on the yz header since thats what my 06 had and i liked the way the dr d worked with it. as for the muffler i will probably go with an fmf pipe. when you call i can explain why.

however like i have said before i really want an aluminum muffler like the dr.d but i like how short and hidden the fmf is but all the high flow pipes are titanium which scares me...

You need the bigger YZ header to make it run right I think.

I have the Dr. D pipe and it runs great but it's a bit loud.

Dr. D reccomends a 162 main jet so that's what I'm running at sea level.

According to my S.O.T.P. dyno is spot on.

but i like how short and hidden the fmf is but all the high flow pipes are titanium which scares me...

The powercore 4 is aluminum. Its the same "factory foward" design as the factory 4.1 ©, TI powercore, Q4, etc.

I think retail is like $289. I see them on e-bay in the low $200 range all the time.

Speaking of 2-strokes, that KX250 is my next project to re-jet. I'll have to figure out a good baseline for this area and temperature, then I can adjust accordingly at other locations/temperatures. I'm not liking the spooge running down the muffler and the oil spray on my jersey. :excuseme::lol:

:excuseme: Erick has premix bukkake :banana:

Dr. D reccomends a 162 main jet so that's what I'm running at sea level.

According to my S.O.T.P. dyno is spot on.

Wierd. Mine wouldn't run right even even with the 165. The 168 is spot on. I wonder if I could get more pull with a 170...not that I need it or anything.

Alot of company will not recomend non stock jets on EPA regulated motorcycles for fear of fine-age. Either from the feds or those bush humping fags at CARB