HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zaxcar1

chain lube???

8 posts in this topic

i have a none o-ring chain and i have been using tri-flow and it dosent seem to hold up for trail rides. i tried some bellray stuff, thats i found out was more for road bikes. so whats good to use?

I use Bel-Ray Super Clean chain lube, and it works well. It's not messy and doesn't attract grit or grime. I sprayed some on prior to a ride in some muddy slop. When I cleaned the bike off that night, the dirt rinsed off and the chain was still coated with the lube.

The trick with this stuff is to follow the instructions and let it set for 15 minutes before you ride. I've ridden immediately after spraying it, and had it fling off because the solvent didn't have time to evaporate.

I've ridden immediately after spraying it, and had it fling off because the solvent didn't have time to evaporate.
Too many people overlook this simple fact, and then they complain about the lube flying off. Think ahead. Lube your chain AT LEAST an hour before you ride. I lube mine the night before.
The trick with this stuff is to follow the instructions
:lol::excuseme:

my bell ray is the bell ray chain lube with exclusive molyphos additve for o ring and competition chains. when i used it it was on for over a hour and when i rode the trails it wore off after half the ride. when i went to the web sight it said for more road bike. with o ring chains.

I use the Honda chain lube...now it's called "Original" chain lube...it comes out clear and dosen't leave any grime behind.:excuseme:

I also use the Honda HP chain lube with Moly in the black can (used to be red) for both o-ring and non o-ring chains. Dirt does not stick to it and it does not fling off once dry. I usually apply the night before a ride.