Battery woes

So, I picked up my new WR last wed... it wouldn't start when I got it home. I ended up charging the battery and got it going. Even when fully charged, if it doesn't start within about 10 seconds of trying [5 or so 2 second tries] its dead.

I'm guessing it should last way longer than that... do you think its covered under warranty? If so, do you think i can pull the battery and take it in or will I have to take the whole bike in?

PS - even when warm, it seems finicky to start... haven't gotten it down pat yet. I'm not sure if I'm flooding it or what. Plus it runs like crap because I still have it all emmisioned up because I had to order the kit.

So, I picked up my new WR last wed... it wouldn't start when I got it home. I ended up charging the battery and got it going. Even when fully charged, if it doesn't start within about 10 seconds of trying [5 or so 2 second tries] its dead.

I'm guessing it should last way longer than that... do you think its covered under warranty? If so, do you think i can pull the battery and take it in or will I have to take the whole bike in?

PS - even when warm, it seems finicky to start... haven't gotten it down pat yet. I'm not sure if I'm flooding it or what. Plus it runs like crap because I still have it all emmisioned up because I had to order the kit.

You should call the dealer and ask about the proper procedure for a warranty claim on a brand new bike. Its hard to imagine that they won't give you a new battery.

btw... I personally thinkk that the strength (or lack thereof) of the battery on the WR is something that needs to be addressed. The bike could definitely benefit from spinning a little faster. The battery in my 05 is kinda useless if it doesn't start in the first 4 or 5 stabs at it. Its a good thing it kicks over easy.

Is it hard to start without that battery in too? When my battery was dead because I let it sit over the winter it was VERY hard to kick start too. But once the battery got charged up then the bike would kick start cold in 2 kicks. There must be something electronic that wont allow the bike to start without the battery? Anybody know about this?

I can crank mine over for a good minute before dying. my battery is stock but works amazing.

I called the dealer, he told me to bring it in.