HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scottfly30

2000 yz426f carb issues.

4 posts in this topic

I made a mistake and let the bike sit for 10 months with out draining the gas out of the carb. To make a long story short everything in the float bowl was covered in green slime. Carburator cleaner would not touch it. I think I have it cleaned out good but the bike is not running right yet. I need to go get another plug for it. After about braking my ankle due to kick back I am wondering about just getting a differnt carb. Will a carb from a newer yzf work on a 426? Or is there a company that will go through and rebuild carbs and due the mods to it at the same time.

:thumbsup:

I made a mistake and let the bike sit for 10 months with out draining the gas out of the carb. To make a long story short everything in the float bowl was covered in green slime. Carburator cleaner would not touch it. I think I have it cleaned out good but the bike is not running right yet. I need to go get another plug for it. After about braking my ankle due to kick back I am wondering about just getting a differnt carb. Will a carb from a newer yzf work on a 426? Or is there a company that will go through and rebuild carbs and due the mods to it at the same time.

:thumbsup:

zip-ti racing comes to mind......Get a bucket of soaking carb cleaner from napa and tear the carb apart and let it soak.....Make sure you blow all the passages and jets out with air to make sure they are not plugged...its not tough and chances are you can fix it yourself with little problem.