HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dmoney1074

'03 cam went up in price!!!!

13 posts in this topic

look around all the online shops - I've seen it cheaper at several - just checked CPNation and they've jumped up about 20 bucks still under the TT price though at 140.00 - teamalpine is a couple bucks cheaper than that - Yamahagenuine parts is - get this - $236 canadian - haha

My thinking lends me to believe that the hotcams could cause excessive wear on the valvetrain... i have no evidence to back this up, pure speculation.

It's possible. One of the features of a cam lobe is the "quieting ramp". That is the part of the lobe that delivers the initial few thousandths of lift at a slow rate in order to take up the clearance with the least amount of impact, accelerate the valve smoothly, and on the backside, reseat the valve gently but quickly. OEM cams have a considerable amount of effort put into this feature, since the manufacturer has a major stake in the durability of the complete machine. Some aftermarket cams shortcut the design of the ramp a little.

I do not have any information that confirms or disproves your suspicion with regard to the Hotcams products, however.

I have only the stage 1 exhaust cam in mine and like I said I love it. can't tell any difference on power but it starts so easy now on the first kick. I might do the intake cam later on though.