Stock can gets very hot....normal?

I have the stock exhaust on the 05-wr450 with the exception of the Pro-Moto insert. The silencer gets very hot to the touch after riding for a while. Is this normal? I also have all the free-mods done and JD jet-kit.

I'm going to measure the temp. with an infrared thermometer this weekend and posts results.

?:worthy:

On a serious note. If you saw the internals of the stock WR exhaust you'd understand why it gets so hot. High volume of hot air trying to get though two separate mechanical baffles. The first baffle has a tube with the diameter about the size of the PMB outlet and the second baffle has two unequal length tubes the size of the stock baffle.

Even the Yosh Ti open can I have gets incredibly hot. Baffeles just make it get scorching sooner. An hour ride, with an open pipe or one with baffles will both be about the same temp.

I think that has more to do with the material of the exhaust. That yosh pipe of yours is likely made of a very thin layer of Ti. The White Bros E2 on my bike gets no where near as hot as the stock can. This includes WOT hillclimbs, 2nd gear singletrack, fireroads, hauling at a good clip on a vintage style MX track, and 3rd gear roostless wheelies like in my avatar.

weird ?