Will a 05 wr450 exhaust fit my 99 wr400?

• 3 months later...
my 98 wr 400 has a 07 wr muffler on it and works fine im replacing it though with a white brothers e sires, its just too quiet for me but the header is the stock 98 wr thats the way i got the bike not sure if anything was done to change the can

Really? I tried lining up my 07 muffler on my 99, and with the cannister bolted on (rear) the mid-pipe bolt hole does not line up with the bolt hole in the lower sub frame (about 2 inches apart) and the mouth of the mid-pipe stops about 2 inches short of the FMF head pipe on the bike :busted:

well let me just say that i just got the bike and i havent realy torn into it at all there are a coupple of things i need to take care of before i would ride it but the guy i got it from told me that the muffler was off of a 07 mind you this guy reused alot of worthless parts and bubblegummed alot of things togather so i will have to look at "how" he made it work and if its anything like everything he did to the bike its half assed but the exhaust is solid and looks clean and no leaks so i guess i shouldnt complain about that

well let me just say that i just got the bike and i havent realy torn into it at all there are a coupple of things i need to take care of before i would ride it but the guy i got it from told me that the muffler was off of a 07 mind you this guy reused alot of worthless parts and bubblegummed alot of things togather so i will have to look at "how" he made it work and if its anything like everything he did to the bike its half assed but the exhaust is solid and looks clean and no leaks so i guess i shouldnt complain about that

My guess would be that he used some kind of bracket to attach the cannister to the rear mounting point on the upper sub-frame. Peek under the right side number plate and see if the cannister mounting hole is lined up exactly over the sub-frame bolt hole, or is there is some kind of bracket/adapter being used.

heres some pics of the exhaust that came on my wr doesnt look like realy anything was done just an elongated mount and a fender washer i like the bike just needs a coupple of things what i need is some decent graphics for the bike but i cant find any, does anyone know where i can get some but for 1000 bucks i can't complain

DSC01630.jpg

DSC01624.jpg

DSC01625.jpg

DSC01623.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...