HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chattymatty101

YZ450F 2003 Problems please help first bike

8 posts in this topic

Hi all first off sorry for my bad grammar:) I brought a 2003 YZ450 i paid 4.6 for it i got ripped i think first bike for me ever only ever riden 250's/125's. Ok problem is i got it from shop yesterday i couldn;t start it properly not knowing the correct way to start the bike i still dont quite know:( i took it for a ride for half hour today i never noticed this at the shop but where the kick starter is behind that was all welded and dodgy up to sell it im guessing well i got half hour and made a funy noise so i stoped the bike imedietly and seen oil everywhere the weld they done had cracked and when i say cracked i mean CRACKED 6mm easy gap can c right through to the kick starter first of all i want to ask can a bike shop sell a bike like that and where do i stand and second is it a big job to replace that part im really new to bikes ima noob any help would be greatly appreciated.... sorry again for bad grammer ima painter not a lawer:) thanks thumperfolks

I am sure everyone will disagree :thumbsup: with me but take it back immediately. for what you paid it should be perfect

TAKE IT BACK!!!!

thats BS if their tryin to sell you a piece of SHI* like that! :busted:

and hiding it too! :worthy:

tell them to take their @%&* back and you want your money back!!!

dont be shy about it!! :thumbsup:

they noticed you weren't super experienced, and tried to sell it to you without letting you know of a MAJOR problem!

Listen to these guys. Take it back and demand service or money back. Thats a bunch of crap what they are trying to get away with.

Hey again guys you were all right thanks very much i got my dad in there and he had to threaten him to get his money back but at least i got it so thanks very much for all your replies greatly appreciated

While you're at it - since you got your money back - you should be able to find either a newer bike private sale for the same money or an 03 for a lot less private.