Wr 450r

• 4 months later...

The guy asked a good question. You dorks hammer him. Why would someone want a 450r over a 450f? How about longer engine life, less maintenance, no dinking around with jets, less oil changes, less engine rebuild, and we know that weight is the enemy on dirt bikes, but it lends stability to street bikes (yah...ok, that one is a stretch:). Anytime you do a dual-sport, you get compromise. That's what a dual sport is!! One big freakin' compromise...but the ones that do it best open up a lot of biking to folks and so....I agree with the guy from down under when he says...That would be AWESOME!

Maybe homeboy wants a grossly overweight, pathetically undersprung, rediculously underpowered, uglier version of our bikes?

?

Thats funny stuff.

I recently got rid of my WR250R, and bought a WR450F.

Told the wife the difference was that one was a "dorkbike"

and the other was a "dirtbike". Ill let you be the judge as

to which is which.?

Other than the looks of the bike, the fact that I really

wanted some major suspension work, and I just didnt

use the bike on the street anyway....it was actually a

pretty good bike.

Much better used as a true dual sport though. Just

wasnt cutting it as a full time off roads trails bike.

And that was after I put another 1500 in it.

thanks scfam.oh and to the other dude, how is 1000k oil changes a good thing? :worthy:

Well it can't be a bad thing cause it is still going strong. I know people that change oil every ride and the engine still lets go (honda). I change it at 1000k cause the manual says to and I do that many k's a month otherwise I would have to change it every 2 weeks. My old bike I rode bush only and serviced it every 500k as it takes a lot longer to clock up the k's. Each to there own I guess. At 20,000k I'm going to pull it down and see what it needs. And yes its been done before with yammies?