HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DansDR

Anyone Ever Repair Their Radiator???

11 posts in this topic

Any of you guys know if there is a way to fix a pin hole in a radiator? I know I could send it out but I figured i'd check here to see if anyone has devised their own way to fix one.

I have tried, just send to Mylers, good work and very fast, as long as you do not botch a repair attempt it should be pretty cheap, check there website or search their name very good shop

Pour some black pepper in it. Probably about a teaspoon or two...

It works on tractors and bulldozers. It may work on your bike. It is cheap, but I know for a fact it has worked for years in a few of our farm tractors. Still running them.

Or in a pinch on the trail you can mash up the tobacco from a cigarette into the radiator and it'll seal it right up.

Interesting I have never heard of the pepper trick. That may be worth adding some to the ole camelback.

I remember McGyver used a raw egg to patch up a radiator. Now granted this isn't a long term solution or a practical solution for that matter. How hard would it be to pack a raw egg and not break it during our ride?