hour meter blinks

After a three day ride in the Arkansas mountains, checked my hour meter and it was blinking with some kind of a code and what should be the right hours...three blinks with hour and one blink with a strange code characters...anybody know about battery life or changing it...if I remember right the back side of the thing is sealed in apoxy. I of course siliconed mine to the side of the steering neck. Any help would be appreciated

thanks Bill

Bill some of the meters are pre-set to flash at a certain interval... typically they were intended for lawnmowers as a reminder to change the oil. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

makes sense...bought mine at Sears lawnmower department...Same company makes them for everbody...just 10 bucks cheaper at Sears

Thanks Bill

Yup, many of the lawnmower ones blink to remind you to change the oil as stated before. I believe it should stop when you put some more time on it, but I could be wrong...

My Yamaha one blinks at the ten hour mark and continues till the 11 hour mark. - "Maintenance Minder"

Yup, many of the lawnmower ones blink to remind you to change the oil as stated before. I believe it should stop when you put some more time on it, but I could be wrong...

Yeah they stop eventually. I'm with Bill, I bought my hour meter on Ebay for $18 shipped I think... no sense spending more $ for the same thing over something silly like it blinks at the wrong interval.