James Stewart to yamaha

Yep the number 7 is on blue:banana: Check pretty much any forum and there's a pic of him with his new bike...awesome!

BubbaYamaha.jpg

Oh this just made my day.....

This has got to be the best mx news one will hear today... Of course if they ride BLUE :bonk::lol::lame:

100308js1000.jpg

he just doesn't look right. nice insignia by the way js entertainment has bubba like another comment i seen what is he djing weddings or something:lol: :lame::bonk::lol::eek:

Stewart hasn't joined Yamaha, nothing is definate yet. Honda and Yamaha are both in the mix to provide bikes to L&M. Stewart signed with L&M and they don't have a bike sponsor yet. Red Bull Honda will be a strong contendor to get James as well as Yamaha.

This is all speculation as of now, nobody knows anything for sure yet.

Yeah you missed all the 238472397 post about it and the pictures. here http://www.racerxonline.com/video/LM-Team-Intro.aspx

Yeah you missed all the 238472397 post about it and the pictures. here http://www.racerxonline.com/video/LM-Team-Intro.aspx
And you, my friend, missed the fact that the post you quoted is a month old, and was at the time arguably correct. :lame:

I think the bike looks great.. Bubba is happy. Hes not a sx only rider, he said he will do SOME outdoors for sure both xgames and maybe even a gp or two. I cant wait to see and hear the excuses from reed when bubba puts on a spankathon.

"Bubba is happy..."

Couple of industry guys I know were there for his first ride on a SX track with the Yamaha, maybe his first ride on the bike (can't confirm that) but it was witnessed by many that after 5 or so laps James pulled into the pits, threw the bike down and was quoted as saying "This bike is a piece of sh*t!"

I wouldn't post this if I didn't believe the people who told me...

Anyway, i've been on Yamaha's my whole life and it's dissapointing to hear this, especially from a guy who's coming off a Kawi which is probably the most similiar (to a Yamaha) feeling and handling bike. But I'd bet that it's not the first time a pro has reacted this way to a new steed. The guys we see on the podium have to be so watered down with their emotions when they talk about a poor performing product because that's where their salaries come from. Sad to say, we never really know what the riders truly think until they leave a brand (like Alessi did with KTM and spoke poorly of the bike after) or until they just plain retire, like McGrath did when he spoke about Suzuki, even Reed bashing the Yamaha's carb issues in a TWMX interview.

No matter what though, they will make some adjustments and JBS will be out front and in blue, soon.

I don't think Bubba saying the bike is crap is anything to get tweaked about, if he did indeed say that. He has been on Kawasaki since his 125 days, and how long has that been? There will be an adjustment period for him no matter what bike he gets on. As far as Reed's comment on carb issues, all I can say is, huh? The YZ carb (mine anyway) has never had issues. I think Chad's trying to suck up to his new employers' fuel injection.

http://www.motonews.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=4&func=view&id=90419&catid=4

From thread on motonews...not my quote or opinion

"I'm in California right now for the US Open and I hooked up with my buddy and drove out to the Yamaha test track It was an hour drive from LA. When we got there, there was a track blocking the road, so we drove back down the hill and walked up. We stood on the side of the hill so we didn't get in the way.

James Stewart was flying around the track. He was wearing Red Fox gear and on that Blue Yamaha he had a good look going. James was flying through the whoops and I mean flying. He would pull him front wheel up half away through and just wheelie through them. And his corners were crazy fast. I've never seen a rider go through corners that fast. He was wiping it flat on the jumps and I mean wiping it. He scrubbed almost every jump and wouldn't even get air over the triple. He would just go straight across. He looked so comfortable on the Yamaha and if this was his first day on the bike, he is going to so fast next year with a little more time on the bike.

The team looked like were enjoying watching James ride, because they were clapping and screaming the whole time. When he would stop they were laughing and joking around and never even took the bike apart. It looked like he was just getting use to the bike, but if that was getting us to the bike I can't believe how fast he was going. That bike must be good because he looked comfortable the whole time and they weren't even making huge changes. That bike did look like it handled and turned really good and fast, man it was fast and sounded awesome.

Kyle Chishom was out there to and was that his first day riding the Yamaha? Because he was flying also. I guess the bike is good because both riders were very fast and very comfortable looking on the track.

If this was the first day on the Yamaha for both riders, next year looks like it might be a good year for the L&M team. Good luck next year and sorry if I wasn't suppose to see all this."

^^^^:lame::bonk::lol::eek: Yamaha's going to be back on top again like it use to be YEAR'S ago.

Yeah, he looks thoroughly disgusted with it, doesn't he?

hey, c'mon, you guys!!

A rider with Bubba's skill and talent could ride damned near anything and still come out on top. It's not the bike, it's the rider!!!

Granted, at those skill levels, they feel things us mortals don't. They also have the factory backing (and dollars, BTW) to get that bike, no matter the color, dialed to what the rider wants. Bubba could win on any color bike.

I'm just passing along what I've heard from (what I thought was) a credible source. I heard about Reed to Suzuki and the A-Stars neck brace from the same guy long before these things happened so I trusted the little bass turd.

Anyway, who cares if it happened or not. That's the fasted I've ever seen a Yamaha go...ever! Wow.

MW

Heath Voss lives 20 minutes away from my house, and a couple of my riding buddies are riding partners with him. He said he hated the Yamaha, not because of the way it handled or turned or the motor, but because of the weird problems he would have....

He had i just up and lock up on jumps during practice etc....and if you have seen his track, its one of the narliest, unsafe tracks you will ever see.....

I think it's the bike troubles during the week, not the weekend if you catch my drift.

But the bog is so weird to be yamaha specific cause a carb is a carb....so if other bikes dont have it the yamaha shouldn't have it.

Don't think I bag on the bag cause I don't like it....blue all the way for me!

hey, c'mon, you guys!!

A rider with Bubba's skill and talent could ride damned near anything and still come out on top. It's not the bike, it's the rider!!!

Granted, at those skill levels, they feel things us mortals don't. They also have the factory backing (and dollars, BTW) to get that bike, no matter the color, dialed to what the rider wants. Bubba could win on any color bike.

Yes, this is true....Wasn't it Lance Armstrong that wrote a book "It's not about the bike" and didn't RC win on Kawi, Honda and then Suzuki?....Even if JS couldn't get his new blue bike dialed in, with the lead he usually carries, even with a lackluster bike, he'd still come out on top, just by not as much of a margin as we are used to win by. I don't think he'll have any problems winning races.

Yes, this is true....Wasn't it Lance Armstrong that wrote a book "It's not about the bike" and didn't RC win on Kawi, Honda and then Suzuki?....Even if JS couldn't get his new blue bike dialed in, with the lead he usually carries, even with a lackluster bike, he'd still come out on top, just by not as much of a margin as we are used to win by. I don't think he'll have any problems winning races.
Lance was right, but then again, a bicycle supplies none of the motive power the rider/bike combo produces. And, there are extreme examples I could cite that would be a major handicap even for him.

But essentially, it's a good point. In fact, your point is made even more true by the fact that all the major brands in Pro MX competition, especially at that level, are so nearly equal.

Once, as we sat in front of the TV watching Bubba the Younger destroy a field of significantly more powerful motorcycles for the umpteenth time by about a full minute on that little KX125, hacking through traffic like a Corvette on I-15, a friend wondered, "How can he win like that on that bike?"

I told him I thought he could probably win on a green wheelbarrow.