HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
soafcoi

o6 yz450f keeps dying at an idle

7 posts in this topic

i have an 06 yz450f thats been rode pretty hard,never any problems before.i think i might have gotten hot the last ride ,did the oil,cleaned the filter ,but now once i start it and ride it for a minute it want to die if i let the throttle drop to an idle then it gets tricky to start again,but if i keep on the gas its just fine. Can any tell me why this is happening and maybe how to go about fixing it?:thumbsup:

Check to see if your pilot circuit screw fell out, it happens.

Yeah, That's it. I believe it would idle a bit higher.

Yeah, That's it. I believe it would idle a bit higher.

No, it won't idle at all. Welcome to TT.

the timing chains are crap on '06s. Pull the cam cover off and try to position the timing marks at top dead center. If you cant get it then you timing chain has stretched and jumped a few teeth. MY '06 did this same thing at about 15 hours of riding. 2 more teeth jumped on my exhaust cam and it would have been kaboom. I replace my timing chain once a year now. They are 13 dollars at any Yamaha dealer. Check it and make sure.

thnx macjammer i will check and see how my timing is im leaning more in that direction because i have checked the obvious like the others have mentioned above,i was wondering if maybe it would have something to do with valves or top end?