HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Harold_in_So_Cal

Oil Type?

11 posts in this topic

I need to buy some engine oil and I'm at work and forgot which type I need. Could someone let me know what weight/type I need. Thank you

Harold

either yamalube 20-40

or mobiel 1 15w-50 tri syenthetic.

dont get the energy conserving crap.

You need "Amsoil" synthetic, motorcycle specific (wet-clutch safe) 10W40...or 20W50 if riding at very hot ambient temperatures(over 70 to 100+*F). If possible, stick to 10W40 as the thicker 20W50 would cause a slight power loss at more normal temps...Besides, Amsoil's 10W40 protects more than other synthetic's 20W50 under any condition!...

yea and i have used yamalube for years and guess what . my bike is still running. But sure go pay more. LOL

What is the cost on the Yamalube? The Amsoil is 5.95 per quart.

[ June 13, 2002: Message edited by: 98yz ]

I use Amsoil. From experience I can say that you can't go wrong with any of thier oils - two or four stroke. I work in the powersports industry and have seen some awesome results with Amsoil products. Most other synthetic oils are playing catch-up with them. (Motul being one exception - I'm sure there are others). No bull - no hype - I'm not trying to sell the stuff - it really is great oil. Just my 2 cents - P.Z.

I was a mechanic for the ambulance service in victiria, Australia, and guess what all mineral oils blew up motors, but not Amsoil..

i use Belray EXP 20w50 semi-syn 4-stroke oil.i read a couple good articles on it in the past.i think the best 4-stroke oil i ve ever used is MOTUL 5000t semi-syn. it really seem to hold up better than other oil ive every used but at $8.95 a liter its to expensive.