Howdy to all. Gray wire question (I know)

Got a 2000 WR400. Gray wire mod is as far as I can tell is not done. Now my service manual and the bike shows only one gray wire and it is the one from the kill switch. Is that the one I want ? I did the search and a bunch of reading but recall reading in one post that I need the other gray wire. But there is no other gray one ???:thumbsup:

I guess I will try and see what happens.

Got a 2000 WR400. Gray wire mod is as far as I can tell is not done. Now my service manual and the bike shows only one gray wire and it is the one from the kill switch. Is that the one I want ? I did the search and a bunch of reading but recall reading in one post that I need the other gray wire. But there is no other gray one ???:thumbsup:

I guess I will try and see what happens.

Is it a Canadian Bike? If so, you will not find a grey wire.

Don't think so but I am not sure. I guess I should get a carfax on it.

There will be a sticker on the front of the frame (steering stem) that will have a maple leaf on it and something about canada... atleast my canadian WR's had that on it

No maple leaves on the fork ? I disconnected the gray from the kill switch loom and it ran fine. I got to open it up and see if there is a difference. Just wondering because all the pics i have seen, the gray wire is not on the kill switch loom. However it is still just a ground.

Yeah you've got the right one. On the earlier WRs (<2002) the grey wire was in the kill switch plug.

I've got a 2001 WR400 import to the UK (the speedo is in kilometres not miles) which i assume will be originally from Japan.

Does anyone know if there will be a grey wire to cut on that? And what does cutting it actually do?

I belief this was/is a US issue only. Hence the Canadian response to my question.

Thanks, alternative. I thought I was just going color blind.