HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
M0SSLAGER

Got the 426 out!

14 posts in this topic

Well I finally got my "new to me" 01 426 out over the Labor Day weekend. I headed out to Stoddard Wells near Barstow, Ca. for a few days. I picked this bike up from a friend who got a new KTM and needed the room in the garage. The bike was a 7.5 out of 10 I would say. I stopped by Chaparral on the way home from getting it and got all new plastics, oil, filter, PJ1 touch up for the frame, new plug and a new Twin Air filter. I think I now have this starting method down and all went pretty well. All I can say is for a 7 year old bike this thing has a lot of life left. The power is awesome. I love how a quick snap of the throttle in front of a small dirt mound with some preload will launch you up quite easily. I switched back and forth with my friends YZ250 pinger and the torque difference was amazing.... 2 totally different machines. I got this bike for $1500 and spent another $150 in plastics and fluids, filters to get it fresh for the season and I feel like I did well on the deal. For those who have owned the 426... what should I look out for?

Well I finally got my "new to me" 01 426 out over the Labor Day weekend. I headed out to Stoddard Wells near Barstow, Ca. for a few days. I picked this bike up from a friend who got a new KTM and needed the room in the garage. The bike was a 7.5 out of 10 I would say. I stopped by Chaparral on the way home from getting it and got all new plastics, oil, filter, PJ1 touch up for the frame, new plug and a new Twin Air filter. I think I now have this starting method down and all went pretty well. All I can say is for a 7 year old bike this thing has a lot of life left. The power is awesome. I love how a quick snap of the throttle in front of a small dirt mound with some preload will launch you up quite easily. I switched back and forth with my friends YZ250 pinger and the torque difference was amazing.... 2 totally different machines. I got this bike for $1500 and spent another $150 in plastics and fluids, filters to get it fresh for the season and I feel like I did well on the deal. For those who have owned the 426... what should I look out for?

funny i just got my new to me 01 426 from original owner with all maintenence log book with dates etc verry well maintained bike i payed 1700 and it came with a desert tank score... i rode it on sunday and i love it....:thumbsup:

i owned a 426 for the past year and just sold it about two weeks ago. It was a great bike with loads of power and really reliable. Here are some pics of it and my new bike...

100_0654.jpg

100_0648.jpg

100_0642.jpg

100_0647.jpg

The NEW to me BIke

100_0682.jpg

100_0680.jpg

100_0678.jpg

that white bike must be an 03 or if its a wr it could also be a 04

what is that, an extra subframe? i've never seen that before.

never mind. thats a kickstand

so your bike must be an 03 YZF... is it?

i owned a 426 for the past year and just sold it about two weeks ago. It was a great bike with loads of power and really reliable. Here are some pics of it and my new bike...

100_0654.jpg

100_0648.jpg

100_0642.jpg

100_0647.jpg

The NEW to me BIke

100_0682.jpg

100_0680.jpg

100_0678.jpg

100_0654.jpg

100_0648.jpg

100_0642.jpg

100_0647.jpg

The NEW to me BIke

100_0682.jpg

100_0680.jpg

100_0678.jpg

I still dig that 426... congrats to the new owner

haha...

i too just got a 426...2000 yz426f with the 03-05 450 plastics...

then took it out to stoddard on Labor day...

no long rides, took a few new toys out for shake downs and tuning...

DSC00884.jpg

haha...

i too just got a 426...2000 yz426f with the 03-05 450 plastics...

then took it out to stoddard on Labor day...

no long rides, took a few new toys out for shake downs and tuning...

DSC00884.jpg

nice bike

So do the 03-05 plastics bolt right up? If so then that just opened up some options to new graphics.