HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
motorx212

IM GOING FOR A LEFT OVER 426 GOT SOME ???'S

5 posts in this topic

HEY GUYS, GOING FOR A 02 WR 426 I JUST WANT TO RESEARCH A LITTLE... ANY MAINTENCE TIPS, ANY PROS OR CONS, SHOULD I SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY AND GO FOR THE WR 450, ANY INFO WOULD BE GOOD... AND ALSO I SEE ALOT OF GUYS ARE GOING FOR THE KTM'S THINK ITS WORTH CHECKING THEM OUT??? THANKS

There's nothing on the WR450 that excites me except the autodecompression. According to TT'rs there will be an aftermarket cam with the decomp. available early '03. So if you find an 02 at a good savings, go for it, stick the cam in and have fun with the 1000 bucks you may save. The Aussie review talked about the 450 smoothing out the hit of the 426 - I own a 426 and I don't know what they're talking about - mine's smooth and ultra- predictable. As far as reliability - except for my habit of augering in and blowing away the bars, front fenders etc. the bike is totally solid.

Oh, I almost forgot, get a clarke tank and seat combo; about 150.00 - you'll turn easier and your chances of having children will increase.

i have an 02 wr, had 2 rides on it, gotta sell it though. whats it worth. i had all the mods done to it, other than that, its stock, and as new.