Anyone Know if I can swap my suspension out?

I have an 07 YZ450 (which just died) and have a loan of an 06YZ250 for my race this weekend. Will the forks and shock fit? What about my triple clamps? Any info greatly appreciated! Thanks

Even if the forks are otherwise interchangeable, which I believe they are, the spring rates and damping setup from either bike would be wrong on the other.

Even if the forks are otherwise interchangeable, which I believe they are, the spring rates and damping setup from either bike would be wrong on the other.

Ok, so I shouldn't change them? I rode this 250 today, and compared to my 450 its a little rough edged in the suspension department. I would really feel better with my forks at least, but if its going to have a negative effect then well...

Trouble is practice time is over, no time to play with anything now :thumbsup:

Ok, so I shouldn't change them? I rode this 250 today, and compared to my 450 its a little rough edged in the suspension department. I would really feel better with my forks at least, but if its going to have a negative effect then well...

Trouble is practice time is over, no time to play with anything now :thumbsup:

The time to hesitate is through --- no time to wallow in the mire

-----obscure classic rock reference

Hey 02YZ426 how did the race go?

Hey 02YZ426 how did the race go?

Went real good! I swapped out my 450 suspension, wasn't sure if the shock would fit but it did. The bike handled much better my setup than what was on it. All my starts were in the top 3 on the smoker, I went 5-4 pro and 4-3 expert... can't complain, the bike worked great :thumbsup: