HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Charlie_Franklin

Jetting starting point 00 WR400

7 posts in this topic

I asked basicaly the same question as this on the KTM board about my bike and got a great answer from JD.

I have a friend with a 00 WR400. It's stock appart from YZ timing, and he's thinking about removing that.

What's a good starting point to work from for his jetting?

Thanks

Charlie

a good starting point is usually stock. And why in the world you ever even think about going back to WR timing. That would be silly.

[ June 12, 2002: Message edited by: lewichris ]

JD has done you proud so well done and off you jolly well go!

Taffy

Taffy,

Yes he has, but my friend doesn't realy know how to use computers so I thought I'd help him out.

Are you saying for the WR I should start with the same jetting JD recomended for the KTM?

If not can you give me a starting point for just the needle, main and pilot. I have to convince him first it's worth changing, so don't want to spend much money going to your full set up.

Charlie

get a 40PJ an EMM needle and either a 155MJ for the standard exhaust or a 162 MJ for an open pipe.

it must be tough having no more money than a tenner in his pocket, i could sob for him. could we all have a whipo round.

is he an orphan?

perhaps he sleeps under the stars at night just dreaming of a real bed. :D

don't forget the Taff mod which will cost you 50 aus cents for a block connector (that's one, not the strip of 20).

Taffy :):D

Taffy,

Thanks for that.

Over here in Australia where the Australian dollar is worth about 3 south pacific shells, the cost of just the needle and main jet is over a tenner. Also taking in to account the lower incomes here, it probably equates to about twice that in buying power.

Charlie