HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
critter

WR426 Odometer Pick Up Cover Removal Question

8 posts in this topic

I saw a post on removing the odometer cover on the front wheel and putting a YZ seal and spacer in place of it. Has anyone done this ??? I see no room to install the seal. I'm a little "corn-fused" by this. :):D

On 2002 wr426 the hub is not the same as the yz and there is no way to put yz spacer...

I just left the hub in place and used a piece of Heat Shrink over the cable inlet. I Squeezed off the open end of the tubing with some pliers while it was hot.

I went to Home Depot and got a rubber cap for 30cents and stuck it over the top. works like a charm and its color coded.

I remember seeing somewhere a replacement aftermarket spacer with the form of out obo part but from aluminum with seal in it, but cannot remember where...

My 01 WR 426 has a Zipty racing spacer 9.95 and a yz seal 6.00 in it whats so different about the 02?

The 02 models got a new front hub that is wider than the old unit. I owned both bikes and the old trick of using the YZ seal and spacer will not work anymore.

I have seen the Al covers that use the odometer drive seal on this web site. These folks at b&b aluminium are from down under. web page is clickable here

I'm not sure if the spacer will fit the '02 hub. There is a difference in the diameter. I could not fit a '01 odometer drive on my '02 front wheel.

For my '02 I just removed the odo cable and put a tight fitting plastic cap like some of the other folks here did.