TT - Why No OEM WR Plastics?

Does anyone know why the TT OEM store doesn't keep WR plastics? Sorry if this has been asked before!

Well, my opinion is because the WR isn't as popular as the more competition YZ. As soon as the WR took on it's own look, the plastics are different than the YZ. So the front fender is the only thing that's the same. Nobody makes Blue(or any other color than white) plastic side plates that I know of? and the rear fender is OEM only. Same goes for fork guards, for the WR, white only! Radiator shrouds are also different..........

My $.02

UFO now has plastics available for the WR. You can get black side panels, fenders, fork guards, rad shrouds, etc.

This was just looking at their current catalog, haven't ordered anything yet :worthy:

They don't have the old classic YZ yellow which would be my first choice but I wouldn't mind black side panels and fork guards :thumbsup:

Dube2,

Beginning in 2005, the radiator shrouds for the WR and YZ are the same through 2008. Decals are obviously different. Acerbis makes a white OEM rear fender for the WR.

The TT OEM store doesn't have anything beyond 01 available in the WR lineup because the database is not yet put into the system - however, you can call TT and ask for tehir OEM guy and he can get anything you want - OEM that is.

If you're looking for AFTERMARKET parts like acerbis and UFO, you need to look through the Aftemarket site - many of the older WR's share everything except headlight shroud and rear fender with the YZF - newer ones are probably slower to get because they're unique and lower sales over YZF, but yes - UFO makes the parts you want and if you look up UFO's part number there's no reason TT couldn't order them - they have all UFO stuff available through their supplier - likely just a database update delay too....

Dube2,

Beginning in 2005, the radiator shrouds for the WR and YZ are the same through 2008.

No they are not, atleast not 07-08.

SJMC_DON

You are correct. However, they were the same part number in 2005. I get confused easily--- because I'm old.:thumbsup:

Ufo stuff.

DSCN0235.jpg

DSCN0236.jpg

the only thing I have not found is a wr style headlight cowl repop . so I krylon fusioned a stocker they are only 12 bucks from the dealer. those are yz graphix

Fork guards fit with no mods ?

hey tweav where did you get your licsence plate bracket.

Tweav,

Where did you get that rear rack for the bike?

No they are not, atleast not 07-08.
SJMC_DON

You are correct. However, they were the same part number in 2005. I get confused easily--- because I'm old.:thumbsup:

2006's are different as well perhaps have the largest differences. 2006 WR has a steel frame and the 2006 YZ has an aluminum frame.

I am looking for OEM only as the cost doesn't seem too much and I like the quality.

If TT store can get anything you want that solves my problem.

Thanks for your comments.

Fork guards fit with no mods ?

My acerbis yz fork guards bolted right on , But I Do not have the stock speedo drive or cable on the right fork leg

hey tweav where did you get your licsence plate bracket.

the plate bracket and tail light come with the ufo rear fender . I think they are a real good deal I only paid 62 bucks for the whole real setup . the only bad part is it does not come with a stock style wiring plug so you have to get you a new plug on your own or change the bike over to bullet ends

I got the same UFO kit as tweav the only problem of this plastics is that the fork guard dx is not as the original and the cable of speed have to be placed out of it.

I got the same UFO kit as tweav the only problem of this plastics is that the fork guard dx is not as the original and the cable of speed have to be placed out of it.

Thanks thats what I was wondering. Sucks because I still run the stock speedo ( works fine )

I'm not really into exposing the cable :thumbsup: