Alpinestars Tech 8? How do they fit?

For Christmas I got a pair of Alpinestars Tech 8 racing boots. I have grown up on motorcycles but never had a pair of boots. With age I am a little more concerned about being safe! I normally wear a size 13 in shoes or work boots but I was wondering if I was supposed to buy a size bigger than what I normally wear? The boots I have fit tight all around, kind of like a ski boot, is this normal?

Ryme,

My Tech 8 boots felt tight for about 2 hours. After that they are hands down the most comfortable boots I have worn. I am partial to Alpinestars though.

Several of the members have many years with the Tech 8 boots and I am surt they will post. I did get 1/2 half size larger than my street shoe. I tried on a pair at our shop and they were too tight with the bootie inside. I wear thick wool socks so I went larger.

Bill ?

I wear a size 9 and bought a size 9. Wore the T8's without the booty till they broke in and then put the booty in.

The only thing I don't like about T8's are the soft sole, but that is what makes them grip good. I was always wearing out the seam between the insole and the ball of my foot. Now I put shoe goo over that portion of the sole and the problem is gone.

MoMilkman And E-WA, I just ordered the Gaerne SX soles (in the color of your choice) from my local bike dealer. They only cost about $2.00 more than the 'stars insoles. I then took them to a boot repair shop and had them installed for about $35.00 Cdn. They seem to be wearing much better than the 'Star insole. Good luck. P.S. order the same size sole as the boot you are wearing. WR Dave.