Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xorron5

2005 Yz450f Versus 2007 Yz450f

7 posts in this topic

Hi i got an crisp -05 yz450f from my shop and we agreed that after 1 month

i can swap it to an -07 model..(i have to pay 1000 euro for the change)

the money is not really the problem...but is the -07 mellover than the -05

i guite like the -05 ,but if the -07 has more grunt i dont mind having it(allways power hungry):worthy:

or is there down sides with the -07 model ? i read it won the -07 shootout

but then again i read that meny people wherent happy with their -07

smooth(weak basterd) power band...:thumbsup:

I would think the aluminum chassis alone would be worth the upgrade --- smooth power delivery does not necessarily mean weak

The '05 was the "softest", most mellowed out of all the YZ450's to date. The '07 is significantly faster. Both bikes had the ignition mapping tweaked to reduce low end power and add it on top, but the '07 has a cam set that contributes further to this effect, and actually has more low and mid range than the '05 does, along with a very noticeable increase in top end.

Neither engine has the low speed grunt of a CRF or a KXF, or the explosive mid range of the '03-'04 YZ450, but the '07 is anything but slow. If you want a bike that thrills you because it feels really powerful and is kind of scary to ride, just get an '03. If you want some that will thrill you because you can hang with anything and beat your buddies on the track, the '06 or later is what you want. They don't feel as powerful or fast as some others, but side by side, they are.

Besides, the handling differences between the two are so huge that they are hard to explain in words. "Night and day" does not begin to show how much better the '07 is than the '05.

The '05 was the "softest", most mellowed out of all the YZ450's to date. The '07 is significantly faster. Both bikes had the ignition mapping tweaked to reduce low end power and add it on top, but the '07 has a cam set that contributes further to this effect, and actually has more low and mid range than the '05 does, along with a very noticeable increase in top end.

Neither engine has the low speed grunt of a CRF or a KXF, or the explosive mid range of the '03-'04 YZ450, but the '07 is anything but slow. If you want a bike that thrills you because it feels really powerful and is kind of scary to ride, just get an '03. If you want some that will thrill you because you can hang with anything and beat your buddies on the track, the '06 or later is what you want. They don't feel as powerful or fast as some others, but side by side, they are.

Besides, the handling differences between the two are so huge that they are hard to explain in words. "Night and day" does not begin to show how much better the '07 is than the '05.

many do not think the 07 turns better than the steel framed yz's did.

The suspension on the 07, however, is more than worth the upgrade.

Stock, it is quite good.