Pointless bling survey --- new rim color (not black)

I am lacing up new rims and am curious what the next logical step beyond black should be (black does look cool, but now its oem)

Was leaning heavilly towards gold for a retro touch, but am waffling a little between gold, red and blue

Post some pics if you guys have any

i'll get a pic but mine are anodized Camo

i'll get a pic but mine are anodized Camo

interesting ---- there is a 99.9 % chance i wont be camo'ing the bike, but it sounds cool and a pic to share the wealth would be awesome :thumbsup:

How about pink or green..........:thumbsup::worthy:

I'd go with blue.

blue/silver or blue/gold. you can do camo, checkered, alternating.

I personally heard camo and though blue/silver would look trick

What color plastics?

The old Yellow YZ's with the gold rims wre pretty cool. If you have white plastics then you could pull off red, blue, or gold rims. With blue plastics I would go gold.

You cant see them very well but there's only four of these wheels known to exist and ive got 2

Picture084.jpg

chrome?

chrome?

Anodized camo it is camo but still shines like chrome

You cant see them very well but there's only four of these wheels known to exist and ive got 2

Picture084.jpg

camo is good on a green bike, but just... not... feeling it on a blue one

I used to have gold rims and gold hubs on my blue 450. It looked OK, but I never really cared for it. For a blue bike I would go with blue rims if you didn't want black. With a white one, really any color looks good if you make sure to work that color in else ware.

Here is my bike when it had gold rims, it is a little blurry:

450-3.jpg

Yeah, gold or black look the best on the blue bikes. Gold shows scratches much less than darker colors, too.

let me at those gold rims. i'll scratch them to the point they can be seen!

local guy here that had a 426 and gold talons and gold excels. his nickname was DiscoDaddy!

---- decision has been made after seeing the blue one with the gold rims --- i'm going gold ---- The graphics are predominately black right now and the backgrounds will be yellow with red accents (when they get here - its been a few days) I think i'm going to look for some vintage Mono-X swingarm stickers too to round out the "old school" vibe

this is the victim - currently stock as a rock with the exception of the exhaust and a few cosmetic doo dads

now i just have to find someone to build 'em up who has a trueing stand -- i know the dealer has one, but it is still in their busy season now

Rita-yz001.jpg

Go Blue on a yamaha that would look sweet

Nice choice on the gold...;D

I've always wanted white rims lol. I remember Johnny Jerdelda(SP) ran them on his old RM85...looked cool.

Go Blue on a yamaha that would look sweet

if you do any kind of trail riding, at least when I do, I worry about scratching them up

I have Black rims with blue hubs on my 450.