HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MotocrossManiac

Increased horse power on an '08 YZ450F

12 posts in this topic

I have a 2008 YZ450F and a friend of mine was telling me that I can increase the horsepower if I take the baffle out. He said I will gain about 5 more HP and the bike will run better. Any suggestions on that?:thumbsup:

they dont hav a baffle to take out man
yeah hes talking out of his baffle

See how wrong you can be?

http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=3C64793A1A204AF0AF3E7ECC2A3CD20C

YZ450%20CUTAWAY.jpg

YZ450%20MUFFLER.jpg

If the two cones and the entire yellow sleeve are removed, you will gain something very much on the order of 5 hp, maybe more, but not at peak rpm. The gains will be in the 5000 rpm (mid range) area. Then again, the bike has nearly 52 at peak already, and only needs help in the mid range. However, the bike will also certainly be quite a little bit louder. Do this at your own risk.

http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=3C64793A1A204AF0AF3E7ECC2A3CD20C

YZ450%20CUTAWAY.jpg

YZ450%20MUFFLER.jpg

If the two cones and the entire yellow sleeve are removed, you will gain something very much on the order of 5 hp, maybe more, but not at peak rpm. The gains will be in the 5000 rpm (mid range) area. Then again, the bike has nearly 52 at peak already, and only needs help in the mid range. However, the bike will also certainly be quite a little bit louder. Do this at your own risk.

Well DAMN!! lol Screw it, I'm just going to put a diff. exhaust on it. lol

YZ450%20CUTAWAY.jpg

YZ450%20MUFFLER.jpg

:thumbsup:

YZ450%20CUTAWAY.jpg

YZ450%20MUFFLER.jpg

Hello all, you shoud see some positive changes to this setup real soon. 4 - 6 weeks. If you like your shorty, you may want to hold off on your system purchase.