HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
acarter92

fork caps

4 posts in this topic

I'm changing my wr400 back to the stock stiff springs (the last owner has soft springs) and I can't get the fork caps off, I even tried my impact wrench and the wouldn't budge. I know they shouldn't be this tight. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Austin

I had the same problem... I thought they were WAY to tight....until I loosened the top fork pinch bolts! Then they came off really easy. I hope this helps.

Mike

Yep, that was the first thing I did. Today I got some steel pipe (5ft long) to give me some leverage and the left side came loose but the right side stripped out. I'm going to buy new caps and when they come I'll use a monkey wrench to get the right side loose. For now I have the left side tightened back up so I can go riding later today.

Austin

I just went to order them today and found that they are $169 at my local dealer and $130 online (each). That seems extremely high, I was thinking no more than $50 a piece. Does anybody know of aftermarket caps that I can get for less.

Thanks,

Austin