YZ426F or YZ450F?

Im looking at a 2002 YZ426F and a 2003 YZ450F. The 450F has the hot-start assembly on it "not too sure what that is". Which bike would you guys recommend? Pro's and con's of each? Im pretty new to the 4-stroke world. I rode smaller 4strokes when I was a kid and I had a couple of 2-strokes a few years ago. But these new 4-strokes might as well be from a different planet...I rode a 426F a while back and I remember how much of a pain it was to start, how bad it fouled plugs, had to fool around with the pressure release on the handle bars, and how heavy it was, but i've read a lot of people are yanking parts from the 450 and putting them on the 426 to fix the issue. I would assume that I just get a 450 because its lighter and people seem to really like it, but i could be wrong. I will eventually get back on the track, but i'll mainly be riding trails for a while till I get used to the new bike. Thanx for the help guys.

the 450 is a great bike

just sold my 426f today and about two hours later i bought a yz450f. I have only messed around it but i LIKE IT ALLLOOOOOTTT.

How do you guys like kick starting the 450? Does it have the same pressure release on the handle bars as the 426 or did they change it?

they changed it. The 426 had a compression release near the clutch with a hot start on the carb. On the 450 there is no compression release.. It is much easier. I am 6'2 and 240lbs and i could start my 426 with ease but i can see where the 450 would be easier for most ppl.

I came off a 125 recently on to a 01 426. I admit the starting took some getting used to, but with all the mods available i.e 03 cam for the starting issue and flywheel weights you can pretty much get anything out of it you want. All in all I really like riding the 426 albeit I cant throw it around the the 125 but I figure I'll either be a better rider or learn a valuble lesson hopefully not the hard way.

I vote for the 426!:thumbsup:

they changed it. The 426 had a compression release near the clutch with a hot start on the carb. On the 450 there is no compression release.. It is much easier. I am 6'2 and 240lbs and i could start my 426 with ease but i can see where the 450 would be easier for most ppl.

does the 450 have any type of compression release? How are the hot-starts compared to the 426? sorry im asking so many questions, i've never started one and i've only seen people ride one a few times.

its an automatic compression release

its an automatic compression release

awesome thanx for the info