HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hybridtercel

1/4 Turn Throttle Mod For Novice Rider??

5 posts in this topic

Just got my 08 yz450f after riding a 05yz125 for a year.

Was wondering if a 1/4 turn throttle mod will be a bad

idea for a novice rider at a MX track. I am thinking about

doing this mod before riding this weekend. I may sand

down the pvc a little lower and maybe call it a 1/3 turn

throttle mod. Let me know what you think. Thanks

Hmmmmm, i would just buy the G2 throttle cam system. Look at it this way, you can make adjustments to your liking in 5 minutes or less, and you dont need to go screwing up your stock setup. I just installed one on my KTM last week and so far have only tryed the mild cam and there is a noticeable difference for sure, unfortunately before i could do some more testing with the other cams that came in the kit i got a flat tire, but will be testing it more this weekend and i'll be sure to post about it once i do. Another thing is, G2's service was second to none and they shipped the stuff out to me the very next day. I do believe shipping is free in the US as well (i am outside the US but still got my kit in less than a week!). Here is the link below:

www.g2ergo.com

i'm not sure i would go with this. learn throttle control and you may be ready for this mod. but this change from a 125 to a 450 is a huge difference. if you make it a 1/4 turn, its gonna make it feel alot snappier. if your dead set on this, either get the G2 kit, or a spare throttle tube to do it with

Their all 1/4 turn. The guy a G2 confirmed this. Even the stock Honda is, eye your grip and give it a turn. What the G2 does is change where in the 1/4 turn the the opening occures.