good deal??? Would you buy??

found a 2003 yz450f. It seems to be in good shape. Going to look at it later today. Its all stock. Here is the ad. Is this a good deal?? what kind of money should i offer him?? THiS will be the bike replacing my 2002 yz426f

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/mcy/781836171.html

looks good looks real clean but i cant believe you gettin rid of that 426 but i think you be happy good luck :thumbsup:

tell him $2000.00 cash

i bought it for 1900 cash tonight.

u like it

damn... sold the 426 for $1900 and bought a 450 for $1900... worked out well for ya. Congrats.

yes, i love it so far. I am going to try to set some of the supension today and change the oil and filter . Hopefully i can go out this sunday since i start college again on monday.

I think you got a good bike. Is the power as violent as some people say? I never thought my 04 was, but Yamaha was already toning it down by then.

Is the power as violent as some people say?
It does get over-hyped a bit. Coming from a CR500 to my '03, I didn't see what the big deal was, but from a different perspective, I could understand it.

The '03 is edgy-er than the '04, but not a lot. They are a lot like an open class two stroke except that they are never off the pipe, and, being a 4 stroke, the throttle is much more linear, and much less like an on-off switch than on a pinger. They also bite considerably better when digging just because they're a thumper. But the power is actually abrupt to the point of being detrimental in the sense that it does wear the rider down by comparison to, say, an '06, which accelerates every bit as hard, and yet is much more manageable, and actually the faster of the two.

It does get over-hyped a bit. Coming from a CR500 to my '03, I didn't see what the big deal was, but from a different perspective, I could understand it.

The '03 is edgy-er than the '04, but not a lot. They are a lot like an open class two stroke except that they are never off the pipe, and, being a 4 stroke, the throttle is much more linear, and much less like an on-off switch than on a pinger. They also bite considerably better when digging just because they're a thumper. But the power is actually abrupt to the point of being detrimental in the sense that it does wear the rider down by comparison to, say, an '06, which accelerates every bit as hard, and yet is much more manageable, and actually the faster of the two.

well he seems to be the expert around here so i am not going to question what he says. I really cant say how " violent" it is. I only test rode it for for like 5-10 minutes. I did no "snap" the throttle but i rolled it on easier to make sure it was smooth through all the gears. I am fixing to head out if it stops drizzling so i can let you guys know when i get back.