HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zorroz

Hows your 07/08 WR450f holding up?

13 posts in this topic

Now that these bikes have been around for nearly 2 years just curious to know how they are holding up? Anyone had an engine let go? My bike is serving me well. I have 150hr on it (6,500km) and the bike has not missed a beat. I have 2 sets of wheels and swap them over. I ride it to work everyday (20km) and on the weekends put the rims with dirt tyres on them. I change the oil every 1000km, wash the filter skin every bush ride and the filter when it looks dirty. Have a stainless oil filter that I wash every service and the I checked the vavles once and they were in spec. Best thing I bought was an IMS 3.1 gallon tank. Can ride all week to work now without filling and do longer bush rides.

And I also have another back rim that has a paddle tyre and hit the dunes for some more fun! I actually sold 3 bikes when I bought this bike. A road bike, CR500 dune bike and my last WR250F. This bike does it all!!

bikes.jpg

Tell me about the ride quality of your bike on the road. This weekend I rode a friend's KTM 450 with dirt tires. Took a short ride on the street. The front tire felt like it was oval. Hoping a WR with decent street tires would do better.

About 70 hrs. Just over 1000 miles...Hasn't missed a beat. It shouldn't, its just getting broken in :thumbsup:

Been encountering a few loose bolts lately. I'll just keep tightening as I find them until it rains and then take the bike apart for a couple days and loctite the bitch.

I don't know how many hours / miles I have on mine... almost two full race seasons though in the Pacific Northwest and I have not had one major failure. I had the YZ cams in it for a while but went back to the WR cams... I love this bike until I need to access the carb:banghead:

I beat the livin' crap out of my bike but maintain it well :thumbsup:

318699060_nji2D-XL.jpg

Tell me about the ride quality of your bike on the road. This weekend I rode a friend's KTM 450 with dirt tires. Took a short ride on the street. The front tire felt like it was oval. Hoping a WR with decent street tires would do better.

Balanced street tyres makes the bike ride real smooth and easy to throw into corners. After I have been bush riding and have washed the bike I take it for a quick spin with the dirt tyres and its down right dangerous on the road! They are actually good on the road, wheely 3rd gear rolling the throttle on is always fun :thumbsup:

Balanced street tyres makes the bike ride real smooth and easy to throw into corners. After I have been bush riding and have washed the bike I take it for a quick spin with the dirt tyres and its down right dangerous on the road! They are actually good on the road, wheely 3rd gear rolling the throttle on is always fun :thumbsup:

I see guys around here that put the lead string that they can wrap around the spokes to balance the wheel , it must work well in off setting the rim lock.

hey there,

got 2000km's on my 08, not one problem the bike has been awesome.

love her

cheers

Warts

I will be looking to do 30000km on mine, and only change the oil every 1500km.

My bike is my preferred mode of transport, to work and play. It makes going to work easier to handle. I run a Maxxis IT on the front and rear. I have a Dunlop 606 mounted up on another rear, but only run it on longer backroad trips. I change my oil every 500km max. The tires seem fine on the road, as long as you keep in mind that you're not on a street bike. But, if you get in an accident without DOT tires, i think you are going to get screwed by your insurance company.

Chris.

bought 2007 wr450f last May, probably got close to 2000 miles on it. Dirt only, mainly trails in the woods. Haven't had a single performance issue with it, it runs strong like it did when I bought it. I just change the oil, oil filter , clean air filter, & change the tires. Super reliable bike. WR's are awesome!

bought 2007 wr450f last May, probably got close to 2000 miles on it. Dirt only, mainly trails in the woods. Haven't had a single performance issue with it, it runs strong like it did when I bought it. I just change the oil, oil filter , clean air filter, & change the tires. Super reliable bike. WR's are awesome!

+1:thumbsup: