aftermarket ignition

Is anybody out there running a aftermarket ignition on their 07 + wr450 ?

I am thinking about getting one but I'm not sure they really help . I was looking at a Dynatek Dyna fs , but I'd like to hear about any that you guy's have used.

I used a Vortex X-10 CDI on my 426 when the stocker crapped out and it made a huge difference with all the selection of maps that it had. If you need an ignition it's a great way to go. WR Dave.

+1 on a map selectable ignition. Ess specially on a fo fitty

Dynatek Dyna fs looks pretty rad!!! thanks for the heads up. I did not know it existed. they say it has 4 modes, but I didn't see mention of a handle bar switch. and its cheaper then vortex, although it would be nice if it had a handle bar switch.

I ordered a dynatek because thumpertalk could not get the vortex .

It is backordered until the end of the month . but I will post about it when it shows up . I really don't want a handle bar switch just because I think there is already too much junk on my bars now , with all the street legal crap.

It is backordered until the end of the month . but I will post about it when it shows up . I really don't want a handle bar switch just because I think there is already too much junk on my bars now , with all the street legal crap.

did you get the software?

did you get the software?

no for right now I just ordered the box . I figure they have a better idea how to make a ignition map then I do , Or at least I hope . I would guess it's got a good preprgramed curve . Why you think I need the software right now? Also I did not see where I could but it . So I was thinking maybe they ship it with the software , we will see.

Why you think I need the software right now?

:thumbsup: no reason... i just geek out on things like that. I'd probably only use it once just to see whats going on.

I have the Dynatek DFS 7-27P for the 03-06 WR450 (DFS7-23P for 07-08), and really like it :thumbsup: . It has 4 curves, and when i select the one with the least amount of advance, the studder (under cruise & light throttle) goes away, but so does some of the performance in the high rpm. Because its programmable, i plan to combine the less advanced curve for the low end, and the curve#2 for the power.

My favorite thing is the datarecording features. tells me time and rpm information. oh, and the software is free here:

http://www.dynaonline.com/skins/downloads/software/setupdisk_DIRT/Dynatek_Dirtbikes.zip

Please do report.......I'm anxious to see how it does. I spoke with them and they effectively do away with blue/white wire mod because their timing curve is set to spark on TDC and hence there is no advance and possibility of pre-deadenation. OEM ignition advance is about 13 degrees if I'm not mistaken. So it should make starting better.

Please do report.......I'm anxious to see how it does. I spoke with them and they effectively do away with blue/white wire mod because their timing curve is set to spark on TDC and hence there is no advance and possibility of pre-deadenation. OEM ignition advance is about 13 degrees if I'm not mistaken. So it should make starting better.

the reason why the spark is advanced, it that the fuel burning is always constant, but the rotation of the engine isn't, so if you spark it at tdc, then the engine will spin away from the fuel before it can push the piston down.

spark advance is so that the fuel properly ignites and starts to push the piston right as it crests over tdc so you can get full use of the power.

too much advance and the burn will slow the piston down, lose power, possible damage the piston

too little advance and you lose power

even though your not kicking the engine over very fast, you still need that advance, my starter churned my bike at 400rpm.