Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cadoewen

my bike wont start after rebuild ><

9 posts in this topic

i just put a new piston, rings and flywheel on my '06. i took my time and got everything together. i have spark and i cleaned my carb 3 times :) im at my wits end with this thing:banghead: when i kick it over it doesnt even sound like its firing it sounds exactly like i have a fouled plug

any ideas ?

Verify that the flywheel is correctly indexed by checking to see that the TDC mark lines up with the index when the piston is actually at TDC. Then recheck your cam timing.

Open the drain screw on the float bowl to verify that there is any gas in the bowl. Sometimes the float needle sticks shut. If the carb sat a while, the pilot jet may be plugged.

valve clearance??

ditto :) check compression

All a 4 stroke motor has to do is suck-squeeze-bang & blow. If you are missing any of those steps nothing happens

ditto :) check compression

All a 4 stroke motor has to do is suck-squeeze-bang & blow. If you are missing any of those steps nothing happens

thats what i told my girlfriend she had to do :D

thats what i told my girlfriend she had to do :D

I forgot to add the part about throwing lots of money at it first. :)

I forgot to add the part about throwing lots of money at it first. :)
The Liberal solution to everything.

hopefully you are a better mechanic than me:

I changed piston and rings (first time in a 4 stroke). When i flipped the head over to inspect the valves the lifters fell away from the valves allowing the shim to move on both exhaust valves. I put it back together 6 times before i figured that out. I had the timing right the first time. the bike sounded funny when you kicked it and would back fire like a bitch every 10th kick.

The Liberal solution to everything.

Funny as heck....probably one of the best smart @ss answers Ive seen..:worthy::thumbsup: