HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mtnarcher1

Moab Trip Advice?

3 posts in this topic

Another family and mine are taking a trip to Moab this spring. I would rather go in May, my bud in March. Which is best? Any suggestions on lodging for 4 adults and 5 kids? Pulling almost 80' of double trailers across Colorado in March makes me nervous. Thats if I pull my camper instead of getting a cabin. We are about 20 miles east of the divide and we get nailed in March with snow. The trip planner says its a little over 6 hours so I guess its not to bad. I bragged about all of the advice we would get from this post so dont let me down guys

Try www.utma.net

They're mostly Utah boys and usually have a ride around Apr-May. They're a good family-oriented club and some of thier members might be able to tell you what you need to know.

Well I used to spend quite a bit of time working in southern Utah (Lake Powell) and based on my experience, I would try for May over March for the same reason you mentioned - anything can happen with the weather in March (or early April). On one particular trip I spent 13 hours covering ground I would normally cover in 5 1/2 hrs :).

I'm thinking of going to Moab sometime in May myself.