HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
desert-rat660

Replate Or Throw Away???

7 posts in this topic

I WAS GOING TO HAVE MY OLD CYLINDER REPLATED JUST TO HAVE IT FOR THE NEXT REBUILD.

THINK IS WORTH IT? OR JUST TOSS IT AND BUY A NEW ONE?:)

Turn your caps lock off.

A new cylinder can be bought at the TT OEM store for $200. Yours will have to be bored oversized and plated, whichj by itself will probably nearly equal that. You can check prices, but also consider that the standard piston and rings will no longer fit. If it was me, I'd just go with the new one.

Then again, you could use it as a core for a big bore kit.

What does this mean....:)

You can check prices, but also consider that the standard piston and rings will no longer fit.

I use this company quite a bit...http://www.mt-llc.com/

or US Chrome

As Gray says, there isn't a big price difference for a 426 cylinder new or replate, but I still think it's cheaper to replate. They also have an exchange program and do quality work

What does this mean....:)

I use this company quite a bit...http://www.mt-llc.com/

or US Chrome

As Gray says, there isn't a big price difference for a 426 cylinder new or replate, but I still think it's cheaper to replate. They also have an exchange program and do quality work

its a 450, but ya i think ill keep it, maybe as a core for a big bore kit, or just have it bored out and replated then