HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fish_bulb

Quick licensing question for the Utah folks

2 posts in this topic

I go to school in UT, but my perminate residence is in CA. I'm looking to buy and register a WR450 in UT. How easy is it to get a plate AND once I get the plate, does it need to be inspected every year, or can I just pay the fees by mail? After I graduate, I'd like to keep the bike registered in UT without driving back to have the bike inspected.

Thanks!!

Fish

If I remember correctly, you have to be a resident in Utah for six months. Plan on mods to make your WR street legal, but depending on where you buy your bike, I am sure the dealer will be more than accomodating to help you on this, but yes you will need to have the bike inspected each year when you reregister.

My friend got his KTM 520 street legal, laugh :) so anything is possible here in Utah.