HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
clark4131

Just in case you cared

13 posts in this topic

Thought I'd give y'all an update on my condition. As many know, I had back surgery (microdiscectomy) about 6 or so weeks ago for a ruptured L4/L5 disc. They removed a piece of disc nucleus about the size of my thumb that had broken off and lodged in my spinal canal. To give you an idea of the actual size, I wear XXL gloves. I felt immediate relief and could walk upright as soon as I came out of the anesthetic. Since then, things have progressed marvelously with the rehab and PT with only the occasional flare up that's easily handled with some ibuprofen. I'll be returning to work on light-duty on August 25, but likely won't see a fire engine until Christmas. I probably won't be on the old steel-framed dinosaur until next Spring. In the meantime, I'm still here monitoring this zoo and making sure y'all play nice and the newbies read the stickies. Thanks for all the kudos that I've run across and all the other support. I love you guys...sniff...sniff :)...SC

Good for you.

Nothing is more painful then a bad back.

Years ago they wouldn't have been able to do much for you.

Hey Clark-

Good to have you back. I hope you can get that issue cleared up, and get back on the bike.

Take care of yourself, and don't rush it.

I felt immediate relief and could walk upright as soon as I came out of the anesthetic.

wow. that must have been a great feeling. :) I'm always afraid the Docs are going to mess something up.

The 450 is so big it probably ruined your back. you should get a 250f they are easier to ride and a whole lot lighter. apparently:excuseme:

Snap out of it, walk it off, be a man.

Now that I said that, take care of yourself, be sure you are 100% before you do anything fooling like slapping a Scott pak on or muscling a silly dirtbike around. I highly recommend milking this, get waited on hand and foot.

Snap out of it, walk it off, be a man.

Now that I said that, take care of yourself, be sure you are 100% before you do anything fooling like slapping a Scott pak on or muscling a silly dirtbike around. I highly recommend milking this, get waited on hand and foot.

I'm gonna be administering our rookie academy that starts in a few weeks. I get to be "The Hammer." The only downside is the 40-hour week. I haven't done that in 16 years!...SC

Good luck...I too went thru back surgery on March 11th of this year.....Still working at it and actually looking forward to a PT......Still limited to 20lb lifting...

Glad to hear things are well, took me eight weeks to the day to go back to work....