HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bhsballer76

want a new bike

3 posts in this topic

I am hoping to get a new bike soon. I really prefer yamahas b/c i have owned several and they are great running bikes. My last two were a 1999 yz400f and a 2002 yz426f. The problem is i would also like an aluminum framed bike. I have 2000 cash to spend so im wondering if i should go for a steel framed yami 450 or an aluminum framed crf450. I am concerned about the reliabilty of the crf. Either way, what years could i expect to get for my 2000$?? WHat bikes would you guys reccomend. I mostly ride for fun but would like to start hitting some tracks soon. Thanks

I bought my 03 YZ450 almost 3 years ago for $2500...Iv seen them here in Denver craigslist going for about the same or closer to $2k

I love my YZ but im not opposed to switching brands...considered a CRF myself (to be purchaed this winter) but decided to keep the YZ because its already in my garage and ready to ride:applause: