Any 09 YZ450F real world reviews yet?

Has anyone ridden the 09 YZ450F yet and if so what did you think? I just got the call that my SE has arrived at my dad's shop and I am going to go assemble it this Saturday. I assume there hasn't been many reports yet because it isn't much different than the 08. I still look forward to a fresh bike and I am really excited about the improved shifting. I just thought it was me that had a hard time shifting out of second because of my messed up foot from my first supercross crash. Anyway, I will breaking my in this Sunday play riding and it will probably be the next week before I am able to get it on a track and see if I can tell any differences. At least it will look pimp-alicous with the black wheels. I'll give you my two cents when I get some time on it.?

I got mine in last week, a special edition as well, and rode it this past Sunday and it blows away the 2008's: new lighter swingarm, rear hub, grippier seat, 3-way positioning triple clamps, and the list goes on!

Before I rode it though, I richened it up a little: 2 up on the main, raised the needle one position, and some fuel screw adjustments.

Let me tell you, real power that isnt over done. Strong smooth power that goes to the ground (ie power wheelies!). I LOVE IT! The brakes are a lot better, too (wave front and rear). Shifting is smoother, but I had to adjust the positioning.

I think you will be more than impressed, though.

Tear it up-

wow...ummm the brakes are the EXACT SAME as 2008. Blows away the 2008, huh? So in back to back testing you felt the difference in the new swing arm and hub huh? Man you should call the Factory have them give you a job as a test rider. Make sure you tell them how MUCH BETTER the brakes are LOL:bonk:

thinking the same thing....blows away??? Sounds like those that moved up will be 5 or 6 seconds faster per lap on the new 09 compared to the 08! ?

I am sure you are just excited about getting a new bike but I think the better word is slightly better than the 08 maybe cause of the linkage changes and added niceties. I just bought my 08 so I am defensive :D My 08 is better than my 06, but just a little.....

I got mine in last week, a special edition as well, and rode it this past Sunday and it blows away the 2008's: new lighter swingarm, rear hub, grippier seat, 3-way positioning triple clamps, and the list goes on!

Before I rode it though, I richened it up a little: 2 up on the main, raised the needle one position, and some fuel screw adjustments.

Let me tell you, real power that isnt over done. Strong smooth power that goes to the ground (ie power wheelies!). I LOVE IT! The brakes are a lot better, too (wave front and rear). Shifting is smoother, but I had to adjust the positioning.

I think you will be more than impressed, though.

Tear it up-

Sounds like a magazine review, the bike could be exactly the same and they would rave how much better it is than last year's bike.

The guy wanted an honest opinion, not a bunch of rah rah nonsense.

Well, excuse me for getting excited about my new 09, no need to be jealous. Maybe I should have said , "the Braking is much better" as opposed to the brakes. Or the new swingarm, suspension/linkage, hub, and exhaust culminates to better handling than before. Sheesh.

My '08 has lowered radiators, lower seat, a 110 rear tire, Honda low bend bars, revalved suspension for my weight, and i'm going to an o/s front rotor as soon as i can get around to it. I cured the suspension push with a DR D exhaust. More hp's helps bring the rear end slide around a little easier

Rode an '09 for comparison ---- feels like my '08 all over again before i "fixed it" for my needs. I might have a different opinion if i needed the multi position triples though, but i really don;t ---

I will likely keep my 08 till the EFI gets here under the circumstances

I'd buy an '08 over an '09 because of the coin saved alone right now if u can still get one. Not enough diff. to matter -- stock vs. stock, and a mildly modified '08 walks all over either if you need the mods.

I rode a new white 450 last weekend for a while. My normal ride is an 08 CRF 450. I raced an 07 YZ450F before the Honda.

First thing I noticed is that the bike sits different with the new linkage and swingarm. It feels like the rear of the bike is lower even though the sag is right. The radiators also seem lower even though the shroud margins on the 08 that was there also looked similar.

It dont have the bark of my CRF but it really hooked up well on the dry hard sections of the track I rode it on. It has the ability to drive up the faces hard even in low traction situations. It also seemed like it took very little energy to ride compared to my Honda. 2nd lap out I hit every jump on the track.

I wish the track would have been prepped deeper and the big ruts were there so I could tell how it handled in those situations. First thing I would do is replace the front tire.

I ride/race moto a lot (+40 expert) and think this bike will be a good option for this year. I would want to ride it with a bit more moisture on the track and a good front tire to make sure it turned (my 07 did not turn well) before I got rid of my Honda for it, but the rest of the package worked well.

The white bike looks great, add a black seat cover and it would be the best looking bike out there big time.

I have only just finish running mine in. Will not be able to ride it properly till the springs arive.

I found that it was really lean and i have now added a full acro system as well so that has probably made it worse. Cured it with some slight jetting changes though.

Compared to my 08rmz i find i can get on the gas a lot sooner in corners. I think this will only get better when the suspension is set up. Everything so far has been awsome though. Really loveing it.

Well, excuse me for getting excited about my new 09, no need to be jealous. Maybe I should have said , "the Braking is much better" as opposed to the brakes. Or the new swingarm, suspension/linkage, hub, and exhaust culminates to better handling than before. Sheesh.

Sweet, do you have any pics:ride:

Well I had a chance to get this bike out on the track and break it in alittle. I didn't ride it for too long but got a good feel for it. It was pretty hot here about 32c and no wind. I dont have alot of bad things to say about this bike I really think some of the reviews done on this bike I can relate to them in what they were talking about. Pretty much you can take this bike from the crate to the track that is what I felt. The little parts I added is just right for this undetected rocket ship...

The brakes are the same as any other newer yamaha.

Yamaha said they made the motor with less noise but I think they could of tried to do a better job than that I am a picky guy when it comes to things like that... It is better than a 07 but not alot.

They have changed the shifter to a longer and wider one which is really nice with the wide footpegs the old one was no good with wide footpegs so thats a nice little change. The shifting did seem easier and I didn't have any problems so far at all.

The new style cluch lever is really nice and has a easy pull to it which I didn't know how well I was going to like that lever I moved it closer to the bar and in alittle and it works good. I did like how they made the new adjuster that is alot better made than the old one.

I was shocked on how quite the muffler was. Wow this thing sounds like a xr running. I'm used to having louder pipes on my bikes but wow I really like how quite it is.

I left the suspension alone at the stock clicker settings. I put the sag to 100mm and it seemed to be not bad at that. I did not find the rear sat lower on this bike. I do not like bikes that sit low in the rear so I would of noticed that forsure. The bike turned on a dime with no push at all. When I get some more time on the bike I would like to play with the high speed compression on the shock but it felt not far off on the shaper jump faces.

With the 120 rear tire and I'm not a dunlop fan, it hooked up pretty damn well on the dry surface.Well all in all they have made a bike that is easy to ride tractorable power that you can use everywhere. For the new clamp I didn't try it since I'm 6'2 I put my RG3 clamp on and my bend of twinwalls.

Cons-

Motor is still loud

Front forks seem alittle stiff

Still the cheap chain

Pros-

All around its gonna be a fun bike that you dont have to throw money at if you want to race it at the track.

Smooth tractorable power

Turns with no pushing

Suspension feels awsome

Parts I have added-

RG3 tripple clamp

Renthal bars

Fuel screw

powernow

Twinair filter

Lightspeed footpegs

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/yz007f/DSCN1015.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/yz007f/DSCN0962.jpg

just read test in oct issue of mxa no real diffrence to them except the 3/4 pound lighter swingarm.ect on the back makes bike feel litter engine same still say it pushes in the centre of corner.

You could put blue or white plastic and Yamaha graphics on a Honda and those morons would say it pushes ?

I HOPE TO GET AN 09 SE THIS WEEK. i'M A LITTLE NERVOUS THOUGH. I'VE BEEN ON KX450S SINCE THEY HAVE EXSISTED. HOWEVER I DON'T KNOW THE FI IS GONNA WORK OUT AND THERE ARE RUMORS OF IT BEING A LONG TIME BEFORE THEY COME OUT. I DECIDED ON YZ450F BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T CHANGE MUCH. ITS A PROVEN MACHINE AND I'M READY TO TRY IT OUT.

I thought the exhaust was the same:confused:

Ive got a 08 and im waiting for fuel injection to get another

one