HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PolyesterPig

How do you bleed air out the overflow tank line?

3 posts in this topic

I can't seem to bleed the air out of the radiator overflow tank line. I tried filling the the radiator to the max and blowing the coolant (thru the air vent line while the coolant tank filler cap was closed) back up to the radiator, then capping the radiator at the same time. Started the bike and when it warmed up, the same air bubble came back at the radiator entrance (the highest point in the line). When it cooled down, the air was sucked back into the radiator. Any suggestions.

My suggestion is, stop waisting your time worrying about it!! The YZ dosn't even have that tank, Assuming you now have a WR.:)

Don't worry about it. If the motor gets hot enough to expel more than one overflow tube volume's worth of coolant, the bubble will be gone. If not, then you haven't lost enough coolant to get concerned about anyway.