HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drfletcherdc

What would your second choice be for a bike?

21 posts in this topic

Assuming that Yamaha is your first choice for a new 450/250, what would be your next choice and why?

Myself, it would a Kawasaki. I like the way they look and they seem to have a decent reputation for reliability. I like the black rims and the DLC on the forks. Plus I think they produce the best looking bike off the showroom.

Ditto ^^^ Kawi makes a nice bike - haven't heard about too many reliability issues and I like the way the 450 handles.

KTM for me. I've had great luck with my 250, and I'm comfortable on them. Besides, my near 50 year old leg loves the E-start idea.

A YZ250 smoker...but my son already has an '02 that I can ride so I guess I would go with (shhh, don't tell anyone) KTM 300XC. Great offroad motor and because of the silly laws up here they can be plated.

Come on Gray, admit it, you would choose a CCM. Did i guess rite?

2754199351_524e2f9770_o.jpg

No. That's just a kit bike frame on a Yamaha engine. Not only did you guess wrong, you spelled right wrong.

A YZ250 smoker...but my son already has an '02 that I can ride so I guess I would go with (shhh, don't tell anyone) KTM 300XC. Great offroad motor and because of the silly laws up here they can be plated.

hey wiz... ever had a chance to ride a gasgas ec or xc 300.... it is a way cool ride. I will own another yamaha someday, an aluminum framed something, but the gasgas is a blast.

No. That's just a kit bike frame on a Yamaha engine. Not only did you guess wrong, you spelled right wrong.

Sorry, well the frame is based off the KTM design. Its a mixed breed i suppose, kind of strange.

To be fair, I did used to own a CCM. It was a 600cc BSA Victor powered one much like this, in 1973, and I wish I had it back:

CCM600.jpg

^^ NICE! At least for back then, haha. I bet going through some whoops on one of those must be preeeeetttty crazy to say the least.

The whoops weren't 4 feet deep back then, and they were never built into a track on purpose, but we used to ride 3 20-30 minute motos, too.

I'd have to go with a 250 smoker, YZ of course. Great power, light weight and easy to maintain. All around fun bike.

it would have to be a 250 smoker...not sure if i'd go ktm, yamaha , or kawasaki. ridden the latter 2 and loved them but i hear those ktm's (especially the new ones) are ridiculously fast.

hey wiz... ever had a chance to ride a gasgas ec or xc 300.... it is a way cool ride. I will own another yamaha someday, an aluminum framed something, but the gasgas is a blast.

A buddy of mine has a GasGas 250 smoker but I have not ridden it.