HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bonez34

chatterboxes

4 posts in this topic

does anyone have the chatterbox brand radios? how good do they work? is it possible to talk and hear over the screamin exhaust on 400's? any other good working brands?

------------------

Confucious say: Man with hand in pocket feel cocky.

My wife & I have a set. We tried the voice activated set up and it didn't work for us. She doesn't talk loud enough to activate the mic when the ambient noise is adjusted out. I tried the push to talk (ptt) feature with the bar mounted button and proceeded to shred the wiring that runs from the bars to the rider. The stock wiring is straight wire - not coiled like a telephone handset that you see the SCORE racers using. I will be modifying our chatterboxes to use the coiled wire/ptt button when I get a chance.

The units worked pretty good in the ptt mode until the wiring problem.

brian

me and some riding pals are thinkin of gettin them but i think the only time we would talk is to say "hey, i've fallen and i can't get up" or "hey, take a left at that broken DRZ". ya know, just to keep everyone together. would it be possible to mount the ptt button on your helmet? or maybe even your boot? kinda like a harley with a suicide shifter-yeah that's it!!!

Brain, Hey you said your "wife" didn't talk loud enough to activate the VTT feature. Does that mean that you had no problem?

I'm assuming you have the Chatterbox set that uses the handheld radio as the base unit, is that correct?

What about wrapping some more foam around the mic to try and eliminate more of the pipe noise, would that work?

What other impressions did you have of the unit?

Thanks much.

------------------

JJ - 99 WR; WR timed, EKN Needle, Scotts stabalizer, Scotts triple clamps, Pro-Tapers, Michelin S-12's, Terry Cable hot start, MSR Raptor clutch lever , Moose skid plate , Works frame guards, Acerbis Pro Rally guards, Renthal MD-soft grips, Factory Effex graphics, YZ IMS seat base, YZ Factory Effex seat foam and gripper seat cover, YZ rear fender