Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
desert-rat660

Tire Help

13 posts in this topic

anybody know of a good tire to use for the desert? Its really rocky where i live and the tires are always ripping the knobs off??? just curious of waht would be a durable tire. I dont race it i just like to trail ride it.

Try a Dunlop D952. My favorite.

An excellent gripping, long-lasting tire. If you ride in intermediate terrain with a hard underbase, it's almost like cheating. I run D952's front and rear on my 07 YZ450F.

An excellent gripping, long-lasting tire. If you ride in intermediate terrain with a hard underbase, it's almost like cheating. I run D952's front and rear on my 07 YZ450F.

Ditto!

My recommendation is based on use in the SoCal desert; hard pack to gravel to sand to rock to DG. The rear will out last 4 756's and bite better in the sand. The front is excellent, too, although I currently favor a 755.

Try the Maxis dessert IT. About $75 at Cycle Zone. Eventually the rocks out here will eat anything up no matter what your running.

I used to run Maxxis IT's for their durability, but the 952 costs less, performs better, is much lighter, and actually lasts longer, although the max might be a little tougher in rocks.

yeah.. the maxxis is alittle to heavy for my liking.. i used to run them all the time... and not to mention they are a bi-otch to install. super stiff sidewall. go with the 952 and you will be really happy..