Reed says EFI is where its at

What do you think of Suzuki's EFI system?

It's amazing! My experience on it has been unbelievable. I really love 4-strokes, but there was always something missing. I definitely think the EFI was what was missing. It brings a whole new fun experience racing Supercross that's for sure.

A lot of my crashes and injuries in the past year have been issues with the carburetor, so I'm definitely excited to have a motorcycle that has an EFI. So far I haven't had a problem with it. I am definitely looking forward to seeing how it goes.

and...

not gonna lie i think my bike looks awesome im like a lil kid i just look at it and i love it!!

the bike is amazing if you havent rode an efi bike wow its the greatest thing that i have ever tried in all my years of riding!! detroit sx was the last straw for me i have had nothing but trouble trying to trust the bike in sx and whenever i did it ended like that......

i feel like im riding a 2smoke with the benefits of the 4stroke

mikebrownsound you know more about my bikes than i do lol nice list! the only thing that matters on that list is that i will have the same tires! they are amazing!!

I'm no expert on EFI, but these claims he's making about trusting the bike because its carbureted be due to the fact that it is indeed carbureted, or would you chalk that up to an error of adjustment in the mechanics behalf? Thoughts??

Well first you have to understand recent history for the past 3mos. Reed pissed every manufacturer off this summer on contract negotiations....He wanted twice the amt of $$ to race only SX...everyone of them told him to take a hike if he would not race SX and Nationals.

Suzuki had a deal on the table with him 2mos ago directly from Japan...he sat on it waiting for Honda - who is hurting $$ wise, for a offer and no offer came. He then begged Suzuki to offer the contract for SX only and finally he settled on a lot less $$ when no one else offered him a ride...in fact at one point he was finished racing in the US all together and going back home to Australia...and that deal fell through.

So for him to rave about EFI IMHO is a bunch of marketing hype to help Suzuki sell more bikes. Rest assured as soon as he either wrecks or DNFs he will be whinning that the bike and EFI stinks....just like his history of whinning. His reputation is crappy and if he continues to race I hope a real attitude adjustment is in order....maybe Roger D can talk some sense into him but I have my doubts as to how long this relationship can last. He is a premadonna....and no one wants to really deal with him much for the amount of $$$ he thinks he is worth. ?

okay.. off topic.. but does anyone know were i can find the article where reed says he was gunna retire at the end of 07? it was posted a few months ago.. when no one was gunna sign him to a team... cant find it anywhere...

and personally i havnt had a problem with my carb.. when jetted right.. it works great..

Don't quote me on this but I think he beet Stewart maybe twice last sx season. Then we all come to find out that Stewarts knee never healed but infact became worse while trying to ride. Do you think that Reed ever takes a step back and realizes that the only time he ever beats bubba or Ricky is when they either crash or are hurt!:D

Though I do like to watch him ride!?

Well first you have to understand recent history for the past 3mos. Reed pissed every manufacturer off this summer on contract negotiations....He wanted twice the amt of $$ to race only SX...everyone of them told him to take a hike if he would not race SX and Nationals.

Suzuki had a deal on the table with him 2mos ago directly from Japan...he sat on it waiting for Honda - who is hurting $$ wise, for a offer and no offer came. He then begged Suzuki to offer the contract for SX only and finally he settled on a lot less $$ when no one else offered him a ride...in fact at one point he was finished racing in the US all together and going back home to Australia...and that deal fell through.

So for him to rave about EFI IMHO is a bunch of marketing hype to help Suzuki sell more bikes. Rest assured as soon as he either wrecks or DNFs he will be whinning that the bike and EFI stinks....just like his history of whinning. His reputation is crappy and if he continues to race I hope a real attitude adjustment is in order....maybe Roger D can talk some sense into him but I have my doubts as to how long this relationship can last. He is a premadonna....and no one wants to really deal with him much for the amount of $$$ he thinks he is worth. ?

Maybe what you state is all true, but to be honest, I enjoyed watching him ride and I'm sure he helped sell a lot of YZ for Yamaha. This said, wouldn't he deserve the to be a bit arrogant when it comes to contract negations?

I don't know, but is RC worth 8 million? That's what he was making with all his sponsors and with Suzuki. You always go in asking for more than what you're worth. If you don't, your just stupid. Take a professional American sport like baseball or football. This is where you'd be better making a statement, IMO.

Whether ppl like him or not, do you remember the days of Hannah? He was far more cocky than CR by a mile. How about the infamous middle finger gesture. Come on now, you bash CR all you want, but the guy is one the top guys consistently in Super-X. Sure Stewart's faster, but he also takes more risks and takes riders down with him. I've never really seen CR play take others out.

Again, I'd focus your energy on someone like A-Rod or Shaq.

:D

Maybe what you state is all true, but to be honest, I enjoyed watching him ride and I'm sure he helped sell a lot of YZ for Yamaha. This said, wouldn't he deserve the to be a bit arrogant when it comes to contract negations?

I don't know, but is RC worth 8 million? That's what he was making with all his sponsors and with Suzuki. You always go in asking for more than what you're worth. If you don't, your just stupid. Take a professional American sport like baseball or football. This is where you'd be better making a statement, IMO.

Whether ppl like him or not, do you remember the days of Hannah? He was far more cocky than CR by a mile. How about the infamous middle finger gesture. Come on now, you bash CR all you want, but the guy is one the top guys consistently in Super-X. Sure Stewart's faster, but he also takes more risks and takes riders down with him. I've never really seen CR play take others out.

?

I have a hard time putting Reed on the same line as Hannah . Bobs idea was that winning is what was to be done .Period . The day he lost his 125 Title (dnf's),and actually blowing Glover ,his team mate,and LaPorte,his friend. in the weeds ..(the infamous let broc bye sign) he promised he would not let either ever take his title again . As time went past he held his head up and made good on his vow . He has won titles on the same bike you and I could have ,cause he wouldnt take a podium as satisfaction .It was never his mechanics fault he didnt win ,he didnt like the works OW's..he rode a stock YZ250d .Now I will admit Reed has won alot ,but who has he actually beat ?Memory serving..didnt Villo win at the MXdN..on a 250f ? Chads been in the right place at the right financial time...I give J Stanton,JMB ,Glover,Smith,Ward,RC...many others more credibility for the simple fact that they have all done what Reed hasnt done..beat a champion..JMHO..

I'm not a Reed fan. I wish he would go back to riding Kangaroos

Thats funny! Do you guys remember when EFI started to appear on automobiles? I dont recall any performance benefit. They may have started easier in the winter. I expect the same to hold true on the motorcycles.

:D

Rick I can always count on your input ? ........RC's 8million dollar contract and the economic situation here in the USA are the 2 reasons you will not see any MX contracts similar in nature to RCs....probably ever again. I read a article that RCs contract meant that Suzuki lost $3000.00 to RC for every motorcycle (every street bike, dirt bike, mini bike)sold his last year in the sport. Again another reason, that racers will only get half th $$$ for a SX only contract. Just ask Bubba...what he is getting for a SX only ride from Yami.. I don't care if CR plays fair or dirty, I do think his days will be numbered from the start with Suzuki until he gets a brand new attitude. And I can not wait to see Bubba stomp his @$$ on any track SX or National

Rick I can always count on your input ? ........RC's 8million dollar contract and the economic situation here in the USA are the 2 reasons you will not see any MX contracts similar in nature to RCs....probably ever again. I read a article that RCs contract meant that Suzuki lost $3000.00 to RC for every motorcycle (every street bike, dirt bike, mini bike)sold his last year in the sport. Again another reason, that racers will only get half th $$$ for a SX only contract. Just ask Bubba...what he is getting for a SX only ride from Yami.. I don't care if CR plays fair or dirty, I do think his days will be numbered from the start with Suzuki until he gets a brand new attitude. And I can not wait to see Bubba stomp his @$$ on any track SX or National

Sorry you don't like it when someone challenges your skewed way of thinking. :D

If Suzuki was loosing 3000 for ever bike sold, they either a.) don't sell many bikes, b.) must have been paying him more than what you think they are

c.) are just plain stupid.

BTW: he wasn't paid 8 million by Suzuki. That's what was rumored he was making with all of his endorsements/sponsors. Quite frankly, if I had to guess, I would tend to think that CR help Yamaha sell more YZ's then RC contributing to Suzuki sales. The ratio of RED and Blue bikes sold compared to RM's must be pretty high, regardless. Sounds like Suzuki is putting themselves in a no win situation, but Japaneese companies sometimes are willing to take losses for years if they want to enter a market. In this case, they aren't lowering the cost of bikes, so I'm not sure how they justified the cost element to management. Sounds like they are gonna be out of business soon if your data is accurate.

p.s. I could care less who win or looses. I'm not emotionally tied to it like you are but wouldn't mind seeing RV dishing out some whoop-ass next year.