HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
acarter92

wr400 odo not working

6 posts in this topic

My odo on my 1999 wr400 isn't working properly. I rode probably at least 10 miles yesterday and my tripometer says I rode a half mile. Any suggestions woudl be appreciated?

Thanks,

Ausitn

The gear in the odometer drive at the axle is done.

The worst part is that Yamaha sells it as a whole unit.

Number 13 in the pic

897_frontwheel.gif

thanks, I'll start searching ebay or maybe I'll just buy the whole thing and be done with it.

Austin

Now I got to looking at the trail tech vapor with a tach engine temp and speedometer I think I might just get that. Anybody know if they are any good or if there are any other brands that make anything similar so I could compare. $100 is a high price but I think it might be worth it if it has any quality.

Thanks,

Austin

I installed a vapor a couple of months back and mine works great. I seem to remember a post about using the stock odo. mount to install the computer. There was something about flipping it over. I made my own mount since I have aftermarket clamps

ok, It seems like a good computer, but I'm still trying to justify the cost. I was also looking at the endurance which is a little cheaper but that doesn't give you your engine temp which I really like.

Austin