HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wilma397

Best looking mirrors for the wr????

11 posts in this topic

Ok guys i use my 450 as a steet moto and don't realy want to put mirrors on it put i was pulled the other day and told i have to have them (im in the uk) so i was wandering if you guys could help me out by posting some pictures of different kinds of mirrors you have on your wr's as i can't decide what kind would suit the bike best??

Thanks in advance guys ;):ride:

I really like the one I got from Baja Designs. It mounts by removing the rear clamp of the clutch lever and replacing it with one that has a threaded hole for the mirror so no extra clamps around the handlebars. It folds quickly out of the way when going off road and I can actually see behind me when on the road!

signals001.jpg

You can order the same mirror from TT and its a couple bucks less!

Search for "Bar end mirror" on Ebay - there are a million auctions going at any given time. I just picked one up from moto-deluxe for $25 shipped for my old RD350 & may have to get one for the WR. It appears to be high quality and best of all is actually useful.

Bar end mirrors ! I did have them on my XR but now have fitted them to my WR in the same way. They are not as good as proper mirrors but if you lift you elbow up slighly you can see whats behind you.

Ive used these for around a year & have no probs on road or track/greenlane.

Mirrors ARE NOT a legal requirement in the UK same as indicators.

DSCF0845.jpg

DSCF0841.jpg

You can order the same mirror from TT and its a couple bucks less!

Not if you live just up the freeway and know someone who works there. :)

Can you actually see anything in those SuperMoto mirrors?

a friend of mine has the convex mirrors from apa I can see much more in those then I can in my fold aways . even at high speeds .

Bar end mirrors ! I did have them on my XR but now have fitted them to my WR in the same way. They are not as good as proper mirrors but if you lift you elbow up slighly you can see whats behind you.

Ive used these for around a year & have no probs on road or track/greenlane.

Mirrors ARE NOT a legal requirement in the UK same as indicators.

DSCF0845.jpg

DSCF0841.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys, and thanks for the quote "Mirrors ARE NOT a legal requirement in the UK same as indicators" so many people have told me this but all the police around here say i have to have them????? I just don't understand the authorites anymore!!! :)

Ken Sean mirrors are the best I have found, they even make a nice clamp for them. I have tried the fold aways but I find they are too small to see anything and they to short to view anything other than my arm