Flywheel for an 08 WR 450?

Has anyone put a flywheel weight on an 08 WR 450? We can't even find one anywhere. I called Steahly and they won't even be making one, they said it will be too hard. Any suguestions will help.

Thanks.

:ride:

A flywheel weight? what would u use that for? is it slipping?

What are you trying to accomplish?

That flywheel is already very heavy, your best bet to change the low end power characteristics is probably with gearing:excuseme:

^^^ +2 on that or perhaps with different cams or re-degreeing the cams some.

I don't think that anyone will be making one for the newer wr's, probably ever. They aren't very stall prone as is and can chug along at very low speeds with no ill effect. My friend spent a good chunk of change trying to get his yz as low end friendly as my bike and still didn't quite get all the way there. Going up a tooth or two in the back will get the engine rpms up a bit higher at lower speeds, but will also make the bike a bit more wheelie friendly. If stalling is really an issue that go Rekluse. Once properly installed your bike almost doesn't even need you anymore.

Thanks for everybody's input, I'll research those other options. I can’t wait for the WR 450 to chug as well as my 1999 YZ 400, then the upgrade will be worth it.

Change the exhaust system and the gearing and you should be good to go :ride:

That's what I did with my 07 and it chugs along fine now.

I have a Lighter flywheel of my old 05 YZ that I was thinking off dropping on the new 08 WR... anyone know if ti will fit???

I have a Lighter flywheel of my old 05 YZ that I was thinking off dropping on the new 08 WR... anyone know if ti will fit???

Not even close.. Good idea though..

I agree with William on the cams deal, when I put YZ cams in my bike the low end mellowed but pulled tractor hard... it was a huge change in the low end.