HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gerardlane

2006 yz450f died without any reason...

6 posts in this topic

Hey all, My yammy has called it quits today. Shes got about 70 hours only 15 on the high compression piston. I stalled her in a corner and from then on she wouldnt start. There was plenty of compression when i kicked 'er... Ill have to tear her apart tommorow and check for spark but has anyone had this happen I checked for fuel too, there was plenty.... thanks

My first thought is to check the timing. Second thought is bad coil or problem with the stator not supplying power to the coil.

The spark plug may have fouled. I know its rare with four stokes but I would start there.

I once had the slide disengage from the actuator (the small philips screw fell out) and kill the bike over a jump! It just died and no amount of kicking would restart it.

I did what everyone should do when the bike won't run...

1. check for fuel

2. check for spark

3. check for air

When I took the carb off to investigate and make sure it was getting fuel from the gas tank to the cylinder, I heard the rattling!

Check everything!

I once had the slide disengage from the actuator (the small philips screw fell out) and kill the bike over a jump! It just died and no amount of kicking would restart it.

I did what everyone should do when the bike won't run...

1. check for fuel

2. check for spark

3. check for air

When I took the carb off to investigate and make sure it was getting fuel from the gas tank to the cylinder, I heard the rattling!

Check everything!

That must have been on one of your pink bikes... would never happen on a Yamaha :ride:

That must have been on one of your pink bikes... would never happen on a Yamaha :)

Nope. The pink bikes have only had plugged up pilots and lost fuel screws.

The blue bike was the culprit. And it was over a jump!!!! I landed without the engine running and the clutch pulled in. Even though I was prepared for it I still kissed the front fender and did a nice flying W. Then I rolled off to the side and went - "WTH???