HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ztangoKLX

06 YZ450F - with 07 WR450 Exhaust

8 posts in this topic

I have mounted a WR system on my YZ - and it fits - the bike is now quite enough to ride at my local track. However, I am concerned that the additional back pressure may somehow damage the engine. Is anyone else using this set-up? Are there any issues I should be concerned about?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Paul

Thanks for the fast answer !

I'm not concerned about a decrease in performance - a few less horsepower may actually save me a trip to the ER !

All that exhaust back pressure will likely melt the valves and piston and cause extensive engine damage just like it does on the WR line. I would of consulted a Yamaha expert before installing it.:ride:

All that exhaust back pressure will likely melt the valves and piston and cause extensive engine damage just like it does on the WR line. I would of consulted a Yamaha expert before installing it.:)
You should have consulted one before you put this post up. No one is complaining of any such problem with a WR.

I wouldn't want to add that heavy, restrictive exhaust to a good running YZ... you could have bought a PMB end cap and quiet insert and been way better off.

Grayracer:

Bradical was just messing with us - he was the rider kind enough to lend me the stock WR exhaust that was sitting in his shed.

Cowboy426:

As you can see from the note above, the WR exhaust was a no-cost option. But, I am very interested in the end cap and insert you recommended. Where can I get them? What is the approximate cost.

Thanks in advance.